Reload this Page >

Venice restaurants recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 07:02 AM
Tammy

My husband and I are meat and pasta eaters. I've seen amny raves for the following: <BR>Gritti <BR>Daniele <BR>Monaco and Grand <BR>Da Fiore <BR>Al Covo <BR>Da Raffaele <BR>Al Mercanti <BR>Would any of these accommodate our preferences?

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 11:07 AM
dale

i always recommend l'incontro in campo santa margharita. no fish, just good red meat. not expensive. buon apetito.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 01:41 PM
gretchen

hi tammy! i suggest you get a recommendation from the consierge at the hotel where you are staying. we stayed at the monaco grand hotel. we were referred to a local trattoria and it was wonderful! we ate their 4 out of the 5 nights we stayed there. they remembered us the second night, knew our wine preferences, and even gave us a gift on our last night. after all that, i can't remember the name of the restaurant. it was two years ago. forgive me. however, go where the locals recommend. have a great time. gretchen

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 04:31 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Tammy Have list of <BR>Venice ristorantes which we have used <BR>since the early 70's. Can not send <BR>list to you without a proper address. <BR>Too long to post on this board. <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, IL&gt;.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Ian

Ai Gondolieri is splendid for non-Venetian fare. Fiaschetteria Toscana is generally great. Vini da Gigio is the other regular and not-strictly-Venetian restaurant. Many of the others are disappointing.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 06:13 PM
topper

for Mally<BR>

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 06:16 PM
Dona

Tammy,<BR><BR>Al Covo is one of my favorites. The menu is whatever is fresh that day - and there is both great meat and pasta...<BR><BR>I also love Fiaschetteria Toscana - particularly the pasta...<BR><BR>Dona

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 06:20 PM
wendy

Yes, AL Covo is wonderful for lunch and they arrange tastings too- so good to hear Diane's southern accent!