Reload this Page >

VENICE-RESTAURANTS?

Search

VENICE-RESTAURANTS?

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 1998, 12:54 PM
Tom Maguire

VENICE-RESTAURANTS?

Can anyone recommend good restuarants that are reasonably priced in Venice?? We will be there next week and hear that Venice restaurants can be over priced or worse if not careful??

Thanks for your help!!

Tom

Old May 16th, 1998, 02:21 PM
Wayne

Reasonably priced restaurants in Venice are harder to find, but not impossible. Many of them feature "tourist menus" that include smaller portions of three courses. For my wife and I it was still plenty of food. (full Italian meals are often very large!) One place in particular I would recommend is called Ristorante Al-Carbon. It is located right on the Grand Canal by the Rialto Bridge on the San Marco side (a great location). The only negative is that it is in the full sun in early evening so go after the sun sets behind the buildings or it may be warm. Our dinner was L62,000( about $35). This does not include wine(we don't drink). If you have any other questions just ask! Have a great Trip!

Old May 17th, 1998, 11:31 PM
joelle

You can try Da Ignazio in the San Polo sestiere and L'Incontro (Dordosuro area). Just e-mail me for more details if you want.

Old May 18th, 1998, 07:18 AM
Steve the Guide

To find out a "real venetian osteria" go and see:
http://www.osterie.com Among them I suggest trattoria "da Montin", Dorsoduro-fondamenta Borgo and "da Fiore", San Polo-calle del Scaler.

Old May 20th, 1998, 07:42 PM
Linda

Saw your info on Venice re: restaurants. Do you have any reasonable hotel recommendations?

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 06:22 PM
topper

to the top<BR>