Venice - Private Water Taxi

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2021, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, we want to order a water taxi for transport from airport to hotel and also transport from train station to hotel. There seem to be many private taxi companies, but I'd prefer to go on my Fodor friends' recommendations!
Old Aug 19th, 2021, 03:35 PM

From the airport, we used:

https://www.venicelink.com/en/products/watertaxi
Old Aug 20th, 2021, 01:30 PM

Hi Fishnlines29, if your hotel is high-end, it might provide a service. I have no first hand experience. Any help here? 🛥
Old Aug 20th, 2021, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Trophywife007
Another vote for Venicelink, they were running a special when we went some 5 years back. That apart it was a fabulous entry into Venezia!
Old Aug 20th, 2021, 10:05 PM

Last several times we came through the airport.there was a desk at the airport to arrange water taxis We would pay, they give us a receipt, then we would walk over to the water taxi area to pick one up. (FYI there are also large boats and a bus that leave from the airport that are less pricey but take way longer.)

From the train station, as you walk out there are a number of very visible water taxis available, as well as the vaporetto stops.

But nothing quite like getting to your lodging via water taxi.
Old Aug 21st, 2021, 08:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
(FYI there are also large boats and a bus that leave from the airport that are less pricey but take way longer.)

annw - i agree about the large Alilaguna boats generally taking longer, but the ATVO bus is really pretty quick. Of course it depends where the Alilaguna is going, but it can take over 90 mins to get to San Marco, whereas if you are going to Cannaregio, it's only 40 mins to Guglie, which is quicker than the bus and vaporetto.

As for the ATVO bus, tickets can be bought from machines in the arrivals hall [by baggage reclaim] or by the bus stop and it leaves [at the moment] twice an hour from a stop right outside the door from arrivals. It is non stop to Venice and takes 20 mins to Piazzale Rome where you can buy vaporetto tickets and passes [also available at the airport at a desk just to the left of arrivals] and find all the vaporetto stops. Last time I went it was €15 return whereas the Alilaguna is about €30 return. So if there are 3-4 of you a water taxi may be more economical and will almost certainly be quicker. And as annw says, there's nothing like arriving in Venice by water taxi.
Old Aug 22nd, 2021, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by annw
Last several times we came through the airport.there was a desk at the airport to arrange water taxis We would pay, they give us a receipt, then we would walk over to the water taxi area to pick one up.

But nothing quite like getting to your lodging via water taxi.
same here
Old Aug 22nd, 2021, 11:43 PM

Venice Taxi Gianluca Penzo
Rating: 4.8/5 out of 26 Google reviews
This is my favorite transportation water taxi as per my 2018 tour of Venice.
Old Aug 23rd, 2021, 01:02 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all!