Reload this Page >

Venice -Monte Carlo-Ala-Accademia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:18 PM
Harriette

First trip to Venice 3 nights at end of May which would you choose?Can we take water taxi to Monte Carlo? Interested in decent room and bed and not noisy. thanks this is a great forum for info

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:45 AM
Kris

Dear Harriette,<BR>I am an American living in Venice and have a B&B in an old palazzo but am booked the end of May. If you need some assistance, I have friends who rent private apts. here and that generally gives you much more privacy and allows you to live like a native rather than a tourist because you can take advantage of the markets, etc.<BR>And, no, you can't take a taxi to Monte Carlo. A train or bus woudl be the way.<BR>Best,<BR>Kris

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:33 AM
Rex

I don't know if Kris is being cute or just didn't catch the real question Harriette is asking about &lt;&lt;water taxi to Monte Carlo&gt;&gt;... Isn't this a reference to a hotel by that name?<BR><BR>I could look that up, but don't feel quite that motivated this morning.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:27 AM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 08:26 PM
Harriette

Thanks Kris but we really do prefer hotel. Rex I have seen some of your very knowledgable answers on this site before--sorry you were too tired to answer my question.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 09:23 PM
elvira

The Monte Carlo is a beautiful hotel near St Mark's Square. A water taxi can take you there, or virtually anywhere in the city. Contact the hotel, though, they may have a shuttle at no charge or reduced charge. If you're arriving at the airport, the waterbus will take you to St Mark's Square. <BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:17 PM
Holly

To Kris: Do you have a website?<BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Rex

Actually, Harriette, I meant that I didn't feel like looking up to see if there is a hotel in Venice called the Monte Carlo. Kris seemed to think you were asking about a water taxi to Monte Carlo - - the town - - in Monaco!<BR><BR>So, I didnt answer your question because I didnt know the place. If it can be easily answered by looking something up (like a website for the hotel with a map on it), I assume that you would do that.<BR><BR>I don't quite agree with the ability of a water taxi to take you "anywhere" in the city. there are a few fairly "landlocked" hotels - - in the vicinity of Campo S. Stefano, for example (I think) - - though I could be fooled by "back" canals.<BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Harriette

Sorry Rex, In retrospect I guess I didn't make it clear that I was refering to the Hotel Monte Carlo {a Best Western property} and the Ala and Accademia Hotels. We will have a lot of luggage and the Monte Carlo is near San Marco so I wondered if there is a way to use a water taxi that would let us off from the airport without having to trek our luggage thru the square. Your answers are always so helpful Thanks in advance

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Harriette

topper

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Harriette

to the top

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Rex

Okay, Harriette...<BR><BR>I took a look for you.<BR><BR>Based on the map provided here - - http://cgi.venere.it/hotels/pgweb.php?htid=672&ref=1650 - - (click on "location", I'd say that a water taxi can get you much closer than the vaporetto stop for San Marco - - but not right to the hotel's door (this is possible for Bonvecchiati, for a contrasting example).<BR><BR>I still can't say if that's better or worse than Ala or Accademia.<BR>