Reload this Page >

Venice: March v. June

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 02:33 PM
maria

very limited! can go mid june or end of march. Weather? Rain/ Crowds? Thanks!

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 03:22 PM
heather

First time in Vencie was in early March. Maybe we were lucky, but 75 degrees and sunny with the nights around 60. There were about 8 people in St. Mark's Square & no one in the Doges' Palace. Then, returned for 5 days before Easter last year (very early April) and the crowds were atrocious. The weather was even warmer and sunnier, tho. Not a drop of rain either time.

Old Sep 24th, 2000, 04:35 PM
Rod Hoots

Have been to Venice many times, including visits in March and June. You take a chance with chilly weather in March, but it's better than bucking the crowds and possible hot and humid weather in June.

Old Sep 24th, 2000, 05:07 PM
Holly

I usually go to Venice the latter part of April, and already it's starting to get quite warm then. You may get some chilly and damp weather in March, but not having to put up with the crowds, heat and humidity would be a great trade-off.

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 08:32 AM
John

I visited Venice just before July 14 and learned that is when the official summer season starts in Europe. It also is when the prices go up. We were pleasantly surprised how nice the weather was ... no too hot, yet and for the lack of crowds. I would opt for June over March.