Reload this Page >

Venice Hotels...Help!!!

Search

Venice Hotels...Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 08:12 AM
Andrea

Venice Hotels...Help!!!

There seem to be so many hotels that look nice and I can't decide which one is right for us...My future husband and I will be taking a cruise for our honeymoon in mid-May from Barcelona to Venice and we would like to stay 1-2 extra days in Venice. Because we will not be there long, we want to be right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle...Some friends have suggested staying righ on St. Mark's square. We can not afford the most expensive hotels but $200 - $300 a night is our price range..Can anyone give me some suggestions?? Thanks

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 09:22 AM
kal

Andrea, <BR>Congrats! We took a 20th anniv. tour of Europe this past Sept/Oct. <BR>We stayed 3 days in Venice. <BR> <BR>We stayed at a nice hotel just about 3-4 left and right hand turns off the Square. <BR>The Hotel Panada. Staff spoke pretty good English and were pretty helpful. Breakfast, too. <BR>Went for about $200 USD. <BR> <BR>Try www.hotelpanada.com/panadae.htm <BR>Can't wait to go back to Venice. It exceeded everything we expected. <BR>Kal

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 10:05 AM
Andrea

Thanks Kal for the suggestion...I am so excited I can hardly wait!!

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:08 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Andrea <BR>Have three recommendations, two we have <BR>used a number of times since the early <BR>80's and the later, tho have not stayed <BR>there is in a quite location and close <BR>the Pza S. Marco. <BR>HOTEL DO POZZI, is a three star hotel <BR>with 29 rooms, located about 1 1/2 blocks west of the Pza S. Marco <BR>HOTEL ALA, is a three star hotel with <BR>77 rooms and located about 2 blocks west <BR>of the Pza S. Marco <BR>HOTEL KETTE is a three star hotel with <BR>70 rooms and located about 1 1/2 blocks <BR>west of the Pza S. Marco. <BR>Check into www.venicinfo.it, www.hotelala.it or www.hotelkette.it/ <BR>for further informations. <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, Il... <BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 07:06 PM
Holly

Andrea - I highly recommend the Hotel Commercio & Pellegrino. Take a look at: <BR> <BR>http://www.commercioepellegrino.com/room.html <BR> <BR>It's less than a 5 minute walk to San Marco, and a stone's throw from the San Zaccaria vaporetto stop. <BR> <BR>