Venice hotels

Jun 24th, 2001, 08:04 AM
David

Venice hotels

My family will be in Venice in August (2 adults, 2 children) and I am considering several hotels with availabilities. Can anyone give me advice to help me choose between the Hotel American, Hotel Campiello, Hotel Cassanova, and Locanda Art Deco?

Please respond directly to my e-mail address if posisble: [email protected].

Many thanks in advance.

Jun 24th, 2001, 03:01 PM
-----

Been to Venice once. Didn't stay at any that you've listed. However do suggest that whichever hotel you select, make sure that it has air-conditioning.

Jun 25th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Jean

Just stayed at the Hotel Cassanova. It was fine -- basic, but clean and in a good location. It was about $280, I believe for a quad room.
I don't know anything about the other hotels.

Jun 25th, 2001, 08:03 AM
John

My wife and I stayed at the Locando Art Deco in April. The hotel is very nice (walk up - no elevators) with newly refurbished rooms. It is in a great location. Do not know if it has air-conditioning.

The lady that owns and manages the property spent several years in New England as a child. She speaks very good English and is exceptionally helpful from booking to passing on 'local knowledge' based upon what your interests are. She made our stay in Venice a quality experience.

Have a great trip.

Jun 25th, 2001, 08:25 AM
marj

I don't know any of the hotels you mentioned but did stay in a quad (also 2 adults, 2 kids) at hotel flora. It was very nice, 1 large room, 2 bathrooms and each child had their own bed. don't know if you already checked with them but if you need to, I was pleased with the hotel. i don't know if they have a/c. we were there in march.

Jun 25th, 2001, 10:50 AM
Cecilie

I stayed at the Hotel Campiello in April and really liked it. It is not anything fancy, but very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and it is very close to St. Mark's square. Have fun!

Jun 25th, 2001, 11:10 AM
mikeycora

Stayed at the Hotel Campiello in March. About 2 short blocks from St Marks. Clean, friendly, has breakfast and tea in the afternoon. A little tricky to find even though it is only a half a block from the canel.

Jun 25th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Diane

I love the location of Hotel American, and would consider staying there just because of it! (across a small canal and down a bit from Peggy Guggenheim's Palazzo.) It looked very cheerful. We did not check out their rooms, however.

Jun 25th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Vince

Unfortunately, don't know any of those four as far as their locations. However, try to stay close to St. Marco's Square. Any accomodation on that island will be enjoyable.