Reload this Page >

Venice Hotel-Savoia & Jolanda

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 05:01 AM
DJ

I am planning to book at the Hotel Savoia & Jolanda for 3 nights in late September. Has anyone stayed there that can comment. I am looking for a clean hotel with a water location for my husband & I and our budget is $200USD/night. Any recommendations are welcome.

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 12:06 PM
Deb

We stayed there in 1993, and recommended it to friends who went last year. We all agree -- it's a great hotel. Excellent location, and really nice people.

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 07:35 PM
LINA

We were there in November and enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Excellent location - close to everything

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 07:50 PM
Deb

I was so excited to see this posting! My husband &amp; I will be staying at Savoia e Jolanda in May, so thank you for your positive info. FYI (for the original poster): I recently emailed the hotel to find out what Vaporetti stop we should use when leaving the train station (the hotel is right off a main waterway). They emailed back almost immediately &amp; said it is "ST. ZACCARIA (nr16)." If you're going after May, let me know &amp; we'll post our experience!<BR>Deb

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 08:30 PM
terry

The hotel is great and has the best buffet breakfast in Venice. I had a center room overlooking the lagoon (Grand Canal.) Ask for one similar. You literally step off the vaporetto and you're looking at the hotel, about 10 steps in front of you.

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 10:22 PM
Karen

When you go, be sure to walk through the Gritti Palace and the Danielli Hotels. Also the restaurant at the Gritti overlooking the water had the best Dover Sole I've ever had.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 09:54 AM
DJ

Thank you all for the responses. I feel better confirming my reservation with recommendations that without.<BR><BR>I will be going in the later half of September. I can see that the location is great but what seemed odd was that there was no feedback about this hotel given it's great location near St Marks and being on the Grand Canal.<BR><BR>Thanks Deb for the info on transportation. I was looking at Streetwise map and was wondering about that. Let me know how all was.