Reload this Page >

London-Bloomsbury B&B recs.?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 03:34 AM
Scott V.

Hello -- <BR> <BR>Can anyone recommend an inexpensive B&B in the Bloomsbury area, near the tube, with a real breakfast included (I've been to some so-called B&Bs that think coffee&roll is a proper breakfast)? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>--Scott V.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 04:04 AM
Marty

Scott: I just stayed at the Jenkins in Cartwright Gardens. It was a nice place with a cooked breakfast. We paid $130 for a triple en-suite. There was a real hairdryer and a key to the front door. It was three straight blocks form Russell Square tube stop.You must like dogs, though. They have two labs that are always around. They are very well-behaved, but they are there. There were several others on the same street that looked very much the same: Euro, Harlington, George, and more.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 07:35 PM
Carol

Hi Marty,<BR>The Jenkins sounds great, do they have a web site or an email? Thanks

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 10:03 PM
L. Binette

here's their website : http://www.jenkinshotel.demon.co.uk<BR>They are a bit expensive but it looks really nice<BR><BR>You can also try the Euro Hotel on the same street, a bit less expensive<BR>http://www.eurohotel.co.uk/

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 08:53 AM
mimi

We stayed at the Thanet, in 1997. We had a triple room in an old Georgian for only 74 pounds. They served a full English breakfast with your choice of eggs, cereal, bacon, etc. It is located two blocks from the tube and a very easy walk to the theater, Covent Garden, the British Museum, etc. I found the fax number in a guide book but they are probably now on the internet.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 09:12 AM
Lidija

Staying at the Ridgemount on Gower Street in May. Staying 2 nights in a single for 33 pounds and the other 6 nights in a double for 50 pounds. Full breakfast, bathroom down the hall

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 09:18 AM
joe

I like the Ridgemount too. Not the Ritz but friendly with a good breakfast.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 10:01 AM
Curt

The Morgan Hotel is top notch, serves a really good cooked to order breakfast (typical "full" English breakfast). Nice room, great location right by the British Musuem, great family owns and runs the hotel. Contact information is:<BR><BR>Morgan Hotel<BR>24 Bloomsbury Street<BR>London WC1<BR>Tel: 02076363735<BR><BR>Last time I checked they did not have a web site yet.