Venice Hotel Prices

Search

Venice Hotel Prices

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice Hotel Prices

I'm trying to get a sense for what different types of hotels in Venice cost.

I'm planning my June (peak season) honeymoon and the romantic in me wants to "splurge" but the practical side of me is resisting spending $400 plus a night on a hotel room.

Is the Europe & Regina in the $400 plus category?

Are there any in the $200 to $300 category that are still nice but won't make me sorry that I didn't splurge a little more considering it's my honeymoon? (i've read about the antico doge, the american, the continental, but am having a hard time deciphering what i should do)

To be honest, we'll be in italy for 2 weeks with part of it on the amalfi coast, where we will splurge a bit more... in venice we sort of think we'll be sightseeing a bunch and therefore really only in the hotel room for just the nights.
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 02:03 PM

I know what you mean. I have been planning our honeymoon for Sept. and had "sticker shock" on Venice hotels. Try going to tripadvisor.com and review what other people say about the hotels. It will do a quick check for you and check 3-4 web sites for the best rate. We are staying at the San Marco Palace. It is around 300 a night and I will post all about it when we get home. We get back on Sept. 20. I DID NOT find it on trip advisor though. Venre.com is also good for Venice hotels. It breaks them down by neighborhood. I found Westin Europa to be in the 600 dollar range during the time we are going. Email me if you have any questions. Good for you planning in advance. I started planning my Sept. honeymoon in Aug. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 02:11 PM

Check with the Rialto Hotel, right at the Rialto Bridge. If they can guarantee you room 402 for your honeymoon go for it. It will probably be right around $300, but it is huge, elegantly furnished (a sort of junior suite with full separate sitting area) and three sets of French Windows (or should we call them Italian windows) to a huge balcony facing the Grand Canal and the bridge.

If you stay there, every time you see a picture of the Rialto Bridge you will be able to pick out your room you stayed in for your honeymoon.
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 02:17 PM

A current "favorite" on this board is the Locanda Orseolo. Look for photos on veniceby.com & look for reviews here by typing the hotel name in the text search.

The Ca' Pisani is a newish hotel with jacuzzis in the rooms but not on a canal so no water views.''Also check out the Sant Angelo at sinahotels.com. It's on the Grand Canal. You might want to check luxurylink.com They may have specials you could purchase.
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 04:39 PM
DAJ

Highly recommend the Savioa & Jollanda (spelling?). Stayed here Sept. 2001, price at that time was $200/night. I know it has increased since then, but I believe it's still under $300. This hotel is next (3 blocks max) to the St. Marco's Plaza, on the water (not technically the grand canal, but were the canal opens up onto the main waterway). Very nice. Please excuse my horrible spelling tonight....very tired.
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 04:40 PM
DAJ

Here is the website to the above recommended hotel:

www.hotelsavoiajolanda.it
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 06:16 PM

Check out ca' Pasani- will be staying there next year wedding in Venice under $400- per night.

Fluffy
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 08:35 PM
SAD

In May 2002 I stayed at the Hotel Saturnia, a short walk from San Marco. It's a converted small palace and charming with an excellent restaurant/patio.
Prices 230Euros and up. The link is
http://www.venice-italy-hotels.net/s...onal/hotel.htm

Keep in mind that in Venice hotel prices decrease with distance from San Marco.
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 09:34 PM

Check out Pensione Accademia. I just booked a double room for 183 Euros (including breakfast). Check out the Fodors reviews. It was highly recommended by everyone. www.pensioneaccademia.it
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 03:50 AM
ira

Hi nbs,

Being of the "Fly cheap, sleep cheap, eat well" persuasion, I suggest a hotel room for one night in the $150 range and dinner at Da Fiore.

You say you will be splurging on the AC, no need to have the full treatment in Venice.
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

So, i've started researching some of these suggestions and figured i'd report back on what i've found so far, to see if anyone has any comments/suggestions:

1. Locanda Orseola -- all reviews sound great... however, i cannot find an email address for them (or website) and was trying to avoid calling given the expense and also the difficulty in case they don't speak english very well (unfortunately, i don't speak italian). Does anyone have an email address for them?

2. La Calcina - i have an email into them ([email protected])

3. San Marco Palace -- found their website (www.sanmarcohotels.com/index_palace.com) and have an email into them.

4. Rialto Hotel -- prices seem like they could be past our price point for a suite like #402, but i've emailed them to see ([email protected])

5. Savoia & Jolanda -- got a price quote by going thru veniceby.com -- 340 euro per night for a superior double room without a view - this seems really high for a room without a view!! -- meanwhile found a quote for 293 euro per night on hotels.com.... anyone know if hotels.com is reliable? what if you need to cancel (can you cancel in advance without penalty)? do you go thru hotels.com or do you contact the hotel directly? (sorry for all of the questions -- i'm new at this!!)

6. Ca' Pisani -- have an email into them too but their prices seem like they might be a bit steep as well.

7. Antico Doge -- does anyone have any experience with this hotel?
I'll report back on what i find...
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 09:25 AM

stayed recently at antico doge and loved it. the hotel opened a few years ago and is very clean and well-decorated. the staff is extremely helpful as well. it is located about a 3-5 minute walk (once you know where you are!) from the rialto bridge on a quiet square. We had a superior double which had a canal view, A/C, and a modern bathroom that looked like it was put in the day before. (E170 but got 10% discount by paying in cash). Supposedly the suites are really nice but I didn't stay in them so can't promise. Their site (anticodoge.com) is good but veniceby.com (charmingvenice.com), was extremely helpful and has tons of pictures.

In sum, great place which mixes old charm with modern amenities. You won't go wrong there.
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 09:29 AM

Answers to a few of your latest questions.

Website for Locanda Orseolo is...locandaorseolo.com

The Antico Doge has gotten good reviews here. Type the name in the text search.

Have used hotels.com in the US without problem, but never in Europe. I THINK it's non-cancelleable but check what their website says. It may also require you to pay up front-don't remember. People also report here that they have had luck quoting to the hotel directly a price they got from a 3rd party website (not necessarily hotels.com) & asking if the hotel can match it. Given it's your honeymoon, I'd try that. Also a possibility, the quote you got from veniceby may be for a better class room (ie superior vs standard).

Also, venere.com is a website people here like for shopping hotels in Venice. Finally, luxurylink.com sometimes has nice pkgs. for better hotels-either for Vencie or the Amalfi coast. Happy hunting & good luck!
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 09:35 AM

nbs, there's another recent thread within the top 50 regarding Locanda Orseola. You might want to check it out.
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 10:20 AM

Email to: [email protected] - Web: www.locandaorseolo.com
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

thanks everyone... just emailed locanda orseola.... i'll keep posting what i find, since i'm clearly not the only one looking for hotels in venice!

San Marco Palace -- emailed me back (they're quick!) -- their prices are high but not outrageous and their location seems perfect -- anyone out there who has been recently?
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 02:09 PM

You can phone Europe for less than 10 cents/minute. Check out www.10-10phonerates.com
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 02:31 PM

Remember it's LocandA OrseolO
Old Aug 30th, 2003, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

in the spirit of continuing to pass along info, the Antico Doge emailed me back and they may be the front runner so far (but i'm reserving final judgment until the Locanda Orseolo emails me back...which I hope is soon):

they have a Jr. Suite facing the square SS. Apostoli and the romantic canal view for 260 Euroe

and also a Jr. Suite with a view in small courtyard for 245 Euros

and also a superior room (no suite, no mention of view) for 225 Euros...

(and other more expensive rooms too).

so, now my dilemma is which do i do? any opinions?
Old Aug 30th, 2003, 05:44 AM

eschuel's superior double with acnal view for 170e sounds good to me. I guess I would ask more questions. BTW, a Jr. Suite is usually just a larger room with a somewhat separate sitting area. I would ask how many windows each of these rooms have (more than one is preferable). I'd find out whether any of them are featured on the website so you can have a look. I'd get a sense of the difference in size (they should be able to give you square meters for each). I would definitely ask whether the superior double quoted at 225e has a canal view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -