Venice Hotel

Jul 18th, 2001, 04:53 AM
karen

Venice Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the Amadeus hotel in Venice. I was told that it is well located to all sightseeing and has recently been renovated. The cost is $347 for a triple and includes tax, service and breakfast. We're looking for a very nice hotel but doesn't have to be deluxe. The most important thing would be good size rooms since there will be three of us. Thanks for any recent info.

Jul 18th, 2001, 05:28 AM
sandi

I did a search on this forum and came up w/ one response regarding this hotel, here it is:

Venice hotels...Metropole, Rialto, or Hotel Amadeus. Any info?

Author: Lisa ([email protected])
Date: 12/04/1997, 1:09 am ET

Message: We are thinking of one of these hotels for one night in June. Gathered them from a variety of informative places...Fodor's, brochures etc. Any info an all would be appreciated. Prices, accomodations, positives/negatives, recommendations... Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: joelle ([email protected])
Date: 12/05/1997, 9:00 am ET

Message: In terms of location, I think the Rialto and the Metropole are the best (by the Rialto bridge or giving on the lagoon and San Giorgio church). The Amadeus hotel is by the railway station and this is not the best part of town, although the Cannareggio quarter well deserves a visit. The Rialto hotel is a three star (European ratings), while the Metropole and Amadeus are 4 stars hotels. Should you go in June, you will find that prices are rather expensive and that hotels are fully booked. So you better reserve ahead of time and make sure you specify the exact type of room you want. To sum up, if price is not too much of a problem, I think the Metropole would be the best choice among the three hotels. Friends of mine stayed there and were pretty happy. I personnaly stayed last year at the Londra Palace (same category and location) and it was very nice too.

Jul 18th, 2001, 05:39 AM
elaine

karen
On my next visit to Venice this fall there will be three of us, and I've looked into the following very nice hotels which have said they can comfortably accommodate three
The Colombina, newly renovated a year or so ago, excellent location
Saturnia Internazionale, classic traditional hotel, excellent location
Someone just yesterday on this board brought to my attention
the Hotel San Marco Palace which I am now looking into. Also excellent location (all 3 of these hotels are spitting distance to Piazza San Marco)
but the San Marco Palace is a new
hotel and I can't find any reviews on it. They are quoting an excellent introductory price for a "deluxe suite" to accommodate 3,
price comparable to standard rooms in the other hotels.
The lovely and talented elvira of this discussion board has spoken very highly of a hotel near the train station that accommodated 3 or 4 comfortably and that was in a very nice area--perhaps a simpler, and definitely less expensive hotel than the ones above. It's the Albergo Santa Lucia. The New York Times also recommended it. For more details, you can do a search for it on this Europe forum.

Jul 20th, 2001, 10:31 AM
karen

Thanks joelle and elaine for all the good advice.

Jul 23rd, 2001, 03:51 PM
Sherry

Yes, but has anyone actually stayed at the Amadeus? Also do they have a web-site? or e-mail?

Jul 23rd, 2001, 08:23 PM
Holly

Haven't stayed there, but looks lovely:

http://www.hotelamadeus.net/indexing.htm

Jul 26th, 2001, 01:44 AM
Liv Whiting

Look up www.gardenahotels.it for the web page which it shares with its sister the Hotel Principe. I am staying at Hotel Principe in September which is on the Grand Canal. Anyone out there with experiences with this hotel?