Nightclubs in Dublin

Jun 23rd, 2001, 08:49 AM
Ben

Nightclubs in Dublin

A few friends are heading to Dublin at the end of the summer. Can you receommend some good nightclubs/bars in city center. We're staying somewhere in Temple Bar.

Thanks.

Jun 23rd, 2001, 10:57 AM
xxx

Temple Bar is full of pubs and nightclubs, so you'll have no trouble finding one. Make sure and check out one of the pub crawls - the literary pub crawl from the Duke Pub (off Grafton) is a blast!

Jun 23rd, 2001, 02:40 PM
Leslie

Recommend Oliver St. John Gogarty's Pub and Restaurant in Temple Bar. Great Irish music and the restaurant upstairs is quite good. We loved the beef stew, marinated in Guiness.

Jul 24th, 2001, 09:43 AM
Wyn

You must try The Kitchen, which is right in Temple Bar. It is located in the basement of the Clarence Hotel. The club is owned by U2. You might have a little trouble with the doorman, especially on Saturday nights, but use any methods to try and get in. You will not be disappointed. Very cool place.

Jul 25th, 2001, 04:58 AM
D.

I'm going to Dublin on the 23rd of august..where are you staying? And how do you get into the Kitchen? Maybe we can meet up..I'm staying at the Mespil..

Jul 25th, 2001, 07:30 AM
Terry

Stick to Temple Bar if you want to meet other tourists, especially horrible English stag and hen parties.

Night clubs
Ri-Ra in Dame Lane off Dame Street - good fun
Lillie's Bordello - off Grafton Street -older crowd - quite posh.
Mambo in the Gaeity Theatre, Drury Street (off the top of Grafton Street) - I like this one
The POD - off Harcourt Street -
www.pod.ie - very popular
The Temple Theatre - Dance music - Temple Street - quite a rough area - popular with younger crowd

My only recommendation in Temple Bar is the Viper Rooms on Aston Quay for some late night drinking. Also Zanzibar and Pravda on the other side of the River to Temple Bar are very popular.

Jul 25th, 2001, 11:27 PM
D.

I don't really care to meet other tourists, especially ones who are just trying to hook up...I love to dance, what clubs play the best dance music, and I'm not talking about remixed speeded up backstreet boys, or overplayed Will Smith..and whats the exchange rate to the dollar?

Jul 26th, 2001, 03:11 AM
Terry

The best place for dance music is the POD and the Temple. Check out the free listings sheet Dublin Event Guide when you arrive. As I'm not planning on travelling to the States, I've no idea what the exchange rate is. Why don't you drop into your local bureau de change and find out?