Travel Inn Check-Inn time weird

Jul 25th, 2001, 09:40 AM
A Jones

Travel Inn Check-Inn time weird

Thanks everyone for the advice about London County Hall Travel Inn. I just called them up and they told me that the check-in time is 2 pm. I will be reaching there at, like, 9 am. They don't allow early check-in. I asked if they have luggage storage facilities and some facility for freshening up so that I can just dump the luggage and go my way. The central reservation lady did not know and I have not been able to get through to the hotel itself.

Any suggestions ?

Jul 25th, 2001, 09:47 AM
cheryl

The London County Hall Travel Inn does have a locked room where you can leave your luggage until check-in time. I have done this twice without any problem. Also, although they say check in time is 2:00, one time our room was ready at 12:30 when we showed up.

Jul 25th, 2001, 02:23 PM
Terry

We arrived at 11 AM and were able to check in at that time, even though we were previously told check-in only after
2 PM. It just depends on how busy they are at the front desk when you arrive.

On our second visit, we stored our luggage in the large, locked storage room behind the front desk. They took the time to tag each of our luggage pieces and gave us a claim check for each. I felt very comfortable with that system.

You should be able to use the restrooms that I believe are located in or near the bar area to freshed up, before you head out again.

Don't worry too much, the most difficult part of this hotel is the staff at the front desk. Each person may give you a different answer. If it is a really important matter, ask to speak to the manager on duty.

Jul 25th, 2001, 02:31 PM
Bob

No it's not weird. They have to have time to clean the rooms from the night before. If the people in your room don't check out until 11am, then they can't the room ready until around 2pm. It's just a common problem with flying to Europe you always get in early, the hotels are used to it and will store your luggage.

Jul 25th, 2001, 02:48 PM
janis

2PM or even 4PM are the normal check-in times for most hotels. That is merely the time they will guarantee a room being available. If the previous quests move out early you can sometimes check in as early as 10AM - they just won't guarantee that you can.

Use the luggage storage facility and go out and walk along the Jubilee Walk (the south side of the Thames) as far as you want - past the Tate Modern, The Globe, The OXO Tower, Hays Galleria, all the way to Tower Bridge if you want. Or cross Westminster Bridge and walk along the Victoria Embankment (North Bank of the river) past Somerset house, the Savoy, St Paul's etc.

Or - if you are worried - spend the extra to book you hotel for the night you are over the Atlantic. Sometimes when I have an especially early flight I book for the date of flight so I can get into the flat or hotel as soon as I arrive - even at 6 AM.

Jul 26th, 2001, 04:35 AM
Pat

We were able to check in around noon when we arrived on the train from Edinburgh in June. The line at the desk was really long so it took about 45 minutes. There is a restroom down the hall towards the restaurant and bar where you can freshen up.