Search

Venice Help

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2022, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice Help

We finally travel to Venice after booking in November 2019 and are super excited! (2 adults, 2 kids)

I have a few questions I am hoping someone can help me with.

I am looking into the transport passes and have seen the rolling venice passes. My partner is 29 at the moment but while we are in Venice he will turn 30. Does anyone know anything about it? Do they check ID?

Another question I have is things to do with a 4 year old and 9 year old?? Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advance!
Old May 17th, 2022, 12:30 PM

Go ahead and buy the passes online (or as soon as you poss before the birthday!)...

Not knowing your children's interests, I will guess they would enjoy seeing glass blowing, going to the top of the Campanile (say *cam pan eelie "), and taking a gondola ride. Beforehand, you might want to talk about what it's like to do everything on the water! Fire truck boat, mail boat, police, etc.
Old May 29th, 2022, 10:55 AM

I was just there 3 weeks ago but don't quite get what you mean by the rolling passes. I was going to be there 6 days and bought the 7 day pass. I bought it Sat 5pm and it ends the next Sat 5pm. Thought I would use it 2-3 times a day, but ended up using it 40 times!
Old May 29th, 2022, 12:45 PM

Reposted from just now: Consider staying on Lido. It is completely flat, and the streets are wide open, with a fountain to play at along Granviale Santa Maria Elizabetta surrounded by shops. And there is a long beach. And gelato and a grocery store on the Granviale. Very casual and easy going, with many Italian holiday-makers. And lovely (less crowded) vaporetto routes both directly from Piazzale Roma (taking the back passage on less crowded boats - - avoiding the Grand Canal and its filled-to-the-gills vaporetti on arrival). Then, when your loins are girded to traverse the main sights of Venice, you take the pretty boat ride directly across to San Marco, or Rialto, and do as much sights, narrow crowded walking lanes, and up and down steps over bridges as your 4-year-old can tolerate. Get something close to the main vaporetto stop at the base of Granviale Santa Maria Elizabetta and your transits will be short and easy from the boat to the hotel.
Old May 29th, 2022, 09:06 PM

I wouldn't pick the Lido for a first trip. The Lido is out there. Early morning if you want to sneak out before the kids are really awake you can see Venice before the flocks arrive. Or in the evening. But staying on the Lido?
Old May 30th, 2022, 06:49 AM

I was up and out by 830-9 and Vencie, specifically have pics of the Grand Canal, and it is quiet. I vote no to the Lido as well,.