7 day vaporetto pass bought online

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2022, 05:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be phrasing this wrong as I cannot seem to find the answer. I want to purchase a 7 day vaporetto pass for 60E online. When I make the purchase will the doucment I receive act as my pass that I just scan before I get on the vaporetto or do I have to redeem this document/receipt for an actual card?
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 06:01 PM

Source?

You might get better responses if you post the link to the place you plan to buy the pass
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 06:50 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question -- I just bought mine at VCE. I know they are sold there and at the train station. I don't think there is a savings buying on-line.
Old Apr 6th, 2022, 02:23 AM

You must redeem for the actual card in Venice. The actual card has a magnetic strip to hold to the reader and activate the gates at each entrance.
Old Apr 7th, 2022, 12:45 AM

It may be simpler to just buy the pass when you get there. A seven day pass will cost you 60 euro, the same as buying on line.
Means that you avoid a bit of uncertainty.
Old Apr 7th, 2022, 01:44 AM

The advantage of buying from the website is you can sit there with your favorite drink building your package. I think most would find that easier than trying to pick and choose at the ticket window. If all you want is transport pass no big deal but if you're adding the other options for example travel from the airport or museum entry it's easier to do from home.

But do you really need seven days?

To actually answer your question

https://www.veneziaunica.it/en/content/how-it-works

It's all there.
Old Apr 7th, 2022, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help. So immersed in my planning for Venice, didn't realize that any other city had vaporettos, especially in Italy. I had read all the actv info but still have no idea where to redeem my voucher to get the card. As it is my 5-6th visit, I think I will just wait till I get there and receive the card when I pay for it. In 6 days, plan 10 vaporetto trips since I have done so many of the usual walking visits before so the 7 days card is perfect. So, off on Monday, Ciao!
Old May 29th, 2022, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Came back from Venice. Bought the 7 day pass for 60E at the vaporetto station when I got off the train at Santa Lucia. Easy. It goes from the day and time you bought it to the same day and time the following week.
Old May 29th, 2022, 08:31 PM

Just a clarification. The validity of the pass commences from the time it is first used (swiped across a reader device at the entry to the vap pontoon), not from the time of purchase.

Possibly not a big deal in the global scheme of things, but it does mean you can buy the pass well in advance of your intended first use, without burning any validity time.
Old May 30th, 2022, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Peter-- actually I did not know when my 7 day pass expired. So I asked the clerk in the ticket booth--actually the same clerk I bought it from. She is the one who told me that it expires exactly at the time I bought it only a week later and when I told her I bought it Sat 5pm, she said it expired the following Sat 5pm.

I have to agree though that your explanation makes more sense for lots of reasons.