Reload this Page >

Venice Florence Rome

Search

Venice Florence Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 05:36 AM
Laura Mitchell

Venice Florence Rome

We are planning time in Venice with difficulty booking a room any suggestions?<BR>FLorence Has anyone stayed at the Pitti Palace?<BR>Rome The Condotti does not sound good. Has anyone had a good experience or is the location worth the noise?<BR>Thanks

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 06:46 AM
mj

ttt

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:02 AM
sandi

It may help knowing when you'll be there and maybe which hotels you've tried. Have you done a search on this forum for other suggestions? We stayed at Locando Leon Bianco which is on the grand canal. It was great. Here's a response I got regarding the Pitti Palace by entering the name of the hotel in the text search field:<BR><BR>Hotel Pitti Palace is bad - Please confirm if true<BR> <BR> <BR>Author: Luis Galvez ([email protected])<BR>Date: 05/15/2002, 09:02 pm<BR>Message: Hello Fodorites. I am booked in Hotel Pitti Palace and though many highly recommend it, there was one who had a terrible experience.<BR><BR>"it was a horrible experience.They have no elevators and they put us on the fifth floor. it is situated on a corner where I think every motor scooter goes by. The noise is awful. There is more to the story but I don't want to take up any more space."<BR><BR>Please tell me if there is any truth to what was said. I can book myself in Hotel Pendini if I act fast enough. Am leaving for Europe May 18 and need to decide before then. I don't want to ruin my vacation.<BR><BR>Thank you.<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Author: JLHood ([email protected])<BR>Date: 05/16/2002, 12:00 am<BR>Message: We had a reservation to stay there last October for a very good rate. when we arrived, we were told our room had been flooded due to a plumbing leak in the room above, so they moved us to a sister "Viva Hotel," the Laurus which is near the Duomo and was very nice. For what it's worth, I saw an elevator at the Pitti Palace, so I don't understand the message you got. the Pitti Palace hotel is right at the foot of the Ponte Vechio and I can see where it would be very noisy.<BR><BR>Author: christina ([email protected])<BR>Date: 05/16/2002, 05:22 am<BR>Message: luis<BR><BR>don't book to hotel pendini, they are renovating and i have friends staying there some weeks ago and they told me, everything is full of dust and it's very noisy. don't know when they will finish it. pitti palace is just at the corner of ponte vecchio and it's def. not the most quiet place in the storic center. but it could be worther.<BR><BR>tanti saluti<BR><BR>christina<BR><BR>Author: Helen Donegan ([email protected])<BR>Date: 05/16/2002, 07:48 am<BR>Message: I stayed in the Pitti Palace hotel just before Easter of this year. I used the lift so I know there is one! <BR>The position of the hotel is wonderful and I was on the top floor so had a fabulous view and heard no noise at all.<BR>I have heard that some rooms are small, I didn't hear anyone say they were noisy but I imagine they could be because there is a road beside the hotel.<BR><BR>Author: Helen Donegan ([email protected])<BR>Date: 05/17/2002, 12:44 am<BR>Message: Hi Luis<BR>I asked a friend who has stayed a few times at the Pitti Palace. She says to ask for rooms 514 or 515. <BR>Can you let me know if you get this message? <BR><BR>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR> <BR>

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:40 AM
mark

We stayed at Condotti 3 nights in 1997. Its small but very friendly. The location by Spanish Steps, resteraunts and shopping was great. Also walkable to ruins, vatican, trevi. Only downmsides would be the smallness of the room and the breakfasts were deliverred to the room but sparse. I would recommend it though....

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:48 AM
Book Chick

Hi Laura,<BR>The Hotel Pitti Palace is actually very nice & every time I've been in it, they've had a working elevator.<BR><BR>The Condotti is okay; I would refer you to Casa Howard which is actually about a block or a block and a half away from the Condotti. It's quiet and the rooms are very large. You can check out their web site at www.casahoward.com<BR>I stayed there in January & found it to be a very pleasant place & not noisy at all.<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC