Venice Florence 5

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 10:53 AM
scubatv

Venice Florence 5

Florence Hotels

Hotel Visconti
1x 75 Euro
Very low water pressure in the morning.

Booked at the train station, this hotel would not be my choice again. We moved out the next night. The staff was friendly and helpful. The owner was a type of designer, but some of his improvement clutter up the halls and make it difficult to get around.

There are signs all over making it clear that if you destroy any of the clutter, you will pay.
There is too much noise at night to keep your windows open, even in the back rooms.

Hotel Bella Vista Florence
5th floor panoramic view of Florence
1x 90 E

If you can get one of the two panoramic view rooms, they are the best in Florence.

Florence is a beautiful small town in the mountains, easy to get around with short walking distances to everywhere. We understood the town in 5 minutes. Florence is full of good restaurants, unique shops, street vendors, markets and loaded with a bunch of fancy building and art stuff.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 11:02 AM
uhoh

From your other post, I note you leave much to serendipity. That works someplaces better than others. Venice is a place where it really doesn't work, if you want to stay somewhere special, and try to avoid the poor restaurants. We had excellent meals in Venice by following recs from this forum OR by cross-checking multiple guides, and avoiding the prime tourist locales. You need to do some research ahead of time.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 11:08 AM
uhoh

Sorry just noted this post refers to Florence...please disregard my remarks about planning for Venice...when I read your Venice post, it appears you know that place well, and that makes it much easier for you to chose from what's available at the train station on check-in. You might have responded to your first post with each subsequent one to make them easier to follow. You offer some very good short reviews and comments on hotels and your travel experiences, if someone takes the time to try to check each one of the posts.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 11:24 AM
scubatv

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

We spend so much time on this forum before each trip. Hours on the computer and we print out quite a few pages of text.

THEN, when we arrive.. we use nothing.
Not even the guide books we purchased.

Don't ask why. We really don't know why, it just always happens that that way.

Probably, some of the research sinks into our heads, but we honestly just wander around all day everyday looking in every nick and cranny. You can't imagine the foot pain.

We miss everything "important" and when we get back home we always say that we have to go back and see the great things we missed.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Ira

Scubatv wrote
>We spend so much time on this forum before each trip. Hours on the computer and we print out quite a few pages of text.

THEN, when we arrive.. we use nothing.
Not even the guide books we purchased. <

You're not the only ones.