Search

Venice Carnival

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice Carnival

I will be in Venice for Carnival 2007. Which party or carnival ball would you recommend as a "Must-See". They are rather expensive so I am trying to choose a good one. Thank you
Maria
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 02:41 PM
psulli

I've been trying to decide the same thing...we will be in Venice from Feb. 16-19 and can't decide which to attend...they are rather expensive. One thought was just to do the gondola and dinner event...I don't think it will require that extensive of a costume as some of the bigger balls. I'm not sure I can walk up and down the bridges if I get one of those large costumes...maybe just a cape and mask will be all I can handle. Would love to know what others are doing. I know we're going to try to do a concert one night and plan on sitting at Florians for a while to watch all the other lovely costumes. The public program was printed recently but so far I haven't been able to find it in English...only Italian and my Italian is rather limited but it looks like lots of public concerts will be going on. Let me know what you decide...maybe we'll be masked strangers passing in the crowd...looking forward to being in Venice during this time.

Old Jan 24th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

I will keep on looking for events and will let you know if I find out of a good party or ball. I was going to do the same thing, just the gondola and dinner event. For a list of events in English you can go to this website: www.carnivalofvenice.com

Where are you staying?
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM
psulli

Thanks for that site...I've seen that one...I did find the public event site and printed it out and now can't find out where I got it from...I'll look and if I find it again I'll post it. It has all the events in the different piazzas around Venice (but in Italian). There are a lot of things going on during our stay. I especially want to see the big masked parade in San Marco on that Sunday. What date are you doing the gondola dinner event? We're scheduled for the 17th. Are you doing an elaborate costume? We are staying at the Accademia...where are you staying? We're also planning on seeing the Interpreti Veneziani concert on either the Friday or Sunday evening. Attended one of their concerts last time we were in Venice and really enjoyed it. Carnival should be fun...just hoping it's not raining or very cold.

Old Jan 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM

Isn't the website at the bottom of the printed page(s)?
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 06:24 PM
psulli

Yes, there is, but I couldn't find the pages I printed out...lots going on around here right now. I did locate another site and this one has it in English...not as detailed as the other Italian site but this site is
www.carnevale.venezia.it Hope this helps.

Old Jan 25th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

I am staying in the Giudecca (Molino Stucky bldg). It's an apartment rental. Unfortunately, the gondola and dinner event for the 17th is sold out. Where is the concert on Sunday you mentioned? (Interpreti Veneziani concert). I would like to attend. My husband and I will be there from the 17th thru the 22nd. Where are you renting your customes from?
Thank you for your help.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 01:39 PM
psulli

I'm sorry to hear you can't get the gondola/dinner event...did you try going thru www..paliotours.com ...I just finalized everything with a lady named Betty...she was very helpful...you might still be able to get in...she said they were finishing everything up the end of this week...I'd try if I were you. We're also getting our costumes thru them...let me know if you contact them.

I'll look up the site for the Interpreti Veneziani concerts and post it soon. We're planning on going to the concert on Sunday evening at 8:30 at this point.

Old Jan 25th, 2007, 01:46 PM
psulli

Sorry...I put too many... in the website for the palio tour site. It should be: www.paliotours.com
Give them a try and email it to the attn of Betty...she was great to work with.

Old Jan 25th, 2007, 01:54 PM
psulli

The site I found the information on for Interpreti Veneziani was selectitaly.com Go to events in Venice and put in the dates you're going to be there and it'll list concerts going on. You can buy your tickets thru them or you can probably wait until you get to Venice. We're getting our thru our hotel. We really enjoyed this group the last time we visited Venice.

Old Jan 26th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much! I will check out the sites.