Reload this Page >

Venice - B.Western Bisanzio or Albergo San Marco

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 02:46 PM
Susan

Has anyone stayed in either of these hotels? Can you comment on the location, amenities, and rooms? Planning a November trip. Thanks.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 03:01 PM
cheryl

Stayed at the B.W. Bisanzio---it's about 5 min pass St Marks square down a small alley. The people are real nice but it could have been the smallest room I have ever seen.Make sure you get a larger room.The Cavallino is also a Best Western and it is right on St Marks. I like it better.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Susan

I stayed at the Albergo San Marco in 1989! I'd recommend it for a great location, right off the Piazza San Marco, and the rooms were nice. At first we were put in a smaller room with only a shower but when we requested to move to a room with a bathtub it was much larger but for the same price. Breakfast was good, I particularly remember the coffee. Don't know if it's changed at all in the last 12 years (has it been that long??). Enjoy Venezia!

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 05:40 AM
XXXX

I'm staying at the Bisanzio in August will let you know how it goes.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 06:56 AM
kathy

We had a bad experience at the Hotel Bisanzio in 1993. We stayed there the first night of three and had done all our unpacking, and as we turned in the room key to leave for a day of sightseeing the next morning, the man at the desk informed us that they needed the room for another reservation and so they would be moving us into another room. They weren't even apologetic about it. They said their staff would pack everything and move it for us, but we didn't like the idea of someone else handling all our things, so we went back and spent precious vacation time repacking. I guess we could have made more of a fuss, but we clearly had no say in the matter, and it was obvious that no matter what we said, as soon as we would walk out the door, they would go to our room and move us. When we went back to Venice in 2000, we specified to our travel agent "DO NOT book us into the Hotel Bisanzio".

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 10:00 AM
Ginger

We'll be in Venice in November and currently have reservations at the Bisanzio (440,000 lira) as well as Albergo Guerrato 210,000 lira). We were trying to decide between the two. I was sorry to hear the negatives about the Bisanzio and will be looking for other posts. Anyone know the Guerrato?

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 11:44 AM
Peggy

We stayed at the Bisanzio last year. I thought the location was good -convenient. Our room was good, comfortable bed, clean, double window looking over rooftops. I especially liked the bathroom - had a real bathtub with shower curtain, good mirror and towels. The staff was very friendy and helpful. Breakfast was included. I didn't particularly like it. Not as good as most continental breakfast that I have had in other hotels; however you could order from a menu if you asked - of course that was extra. I would probably stay there again.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 12:11 PM
XXXX

A few months ago some feedback was placed on this site on the Bisanzio and I have to say nothing bad was said this is the first time I'm seeing anything negative about this hotel before you make a decision I suggest you check out rest of the feedbacks. Also keep in mind that the Best Western is affiliated with this establishment now and they have certain standards they have to maintain, also there is good and bad about all hotels, so read too much into one or two negatives you can't please everyone. I've been in contact with them requesting help and they've always replied and have been more than helpful.