Venice apartment in May

Old Nov 30th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice apartment in May

We are interested in renting a 2 bedroom apartment in Venice in mid-May. As this will be our first trip to Venice, any recommendations and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 02:40 PM

Barb,

We will be there in mid-May as well. This apartment is in a great location and run by Contessa Anna who is a delight to work with. http://www.palazzo-olivia.it/inglese...zzo_index.html.
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 03:07 PM

Hi Barb,

I have not stayed here at this particular apartment but I have used this company before and have enjoyed their services. I'll be in Rome for 3 weeks in May also and have I booked two apartments for me and my sisters with this Co. .

I just heard back from another poster who stayed in one of the ones I'll be renting and they really enjoyed it and gave the thumbs up.

Here's the Venice apartment link to check out. http://www.sleepinitaly.com/venice/f...rcopiazza.html

Good luck in your search!

Eileen
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 03:09 PM

bsteele, I tried copy and paste for your website but it didn't work, but then I realized -- isn't that the website for Palazzo Olivia in Rome? Not Venice??
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 04:35 PM

I've rented from Venice Rentals (venicerentals.com) and was very pleased. They have many apartments to choose from.
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 08:24 PM

I think Venice Rentals prices are a little high. We are renting a 2 bedroom apartment in the San Polo area for 130 Euro per night from locanda barbarigo. I haven't seen the apartment yet but it sounds pretty good for the price.

Venere.com also had many nice looking apartments at reasonable prices.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 05:50 AM

Patrick,

You were correct, Barb try this link:

http://www.palazzettodaschio.it/mainuk.html

Venice Apt
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 07:46 AM

bsteele, it looks very nice. A couple of questions -- how many floors? When it says the "top" floor is that the third (really a fourth) or what.

Also what are the prices? I'm not really booking so didn't want to email to find them out.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 12:58 PM

Patrick, We stayed in the Palazzetto da schio apartment last June. We had the 2 bedroom apt. on the 1st floor {American 2nd}. It was very nice!

It was very large, with a living room in the middle and 2 bedrooms on either side. The small kitchen is towards the back of then apartment. Each bedroom has it's own bathroom.

The apartment is furnished with nice antiques. The owner will tell you to use them with care.

This apartment overlooks a small canal. There are many shops nearby, including the Billa grocery store which is about a 15 minute walk. The owner provides a pull cart to take with you.

We really liked this apartment and the area it is in. We tried to book it again for our trip in March but it was full.

If you have any other questions about the apartment or the area, I will be glad to help. Laurie
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 09:42 PM

Laurie,
We'll be in Venice next July - did the apartment (or others you researched)come with air conditioning?
Ken
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:23 PM

Ken, This apartment had a small free standing air conditioner. We were there in early June and it was in the mid to upper 80's. We did not use the air conditioner but we did leave the windows open at night for cool breezes and then closed it up during the heat of the day.

I am sure the small air conditioner would help a little, but I don't think it would cool the entire apartment to the temperatures we are used to in the USA. Laurie