Venice Apartment - Help!

Search

Venice Apartment - Help!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice Apartment - Help!

Looking to boom a last min apartment in Venice. Do you have any recommendations for agencies that rent vacation properties? Of course, if you've stayed in apartment you like, please do let me know. I'm looking for at least two bed rooms (sleep 4 plus), a/c, in a quiet neighbourhood but close to the main sights (less than 15 min walk).
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 08:03 AM

Did you search this forum? There's a poster who has named several apartments he likes in Venice. Sorry I forget his name, though.
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 08:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try Oceano Mare B/B. They also have apartments. The B/B is in Arsenale neighbourhood.

Keith and I were going to stay here, but we wanted a hotel with ammenities, not a self-catered apartment.

Good luck. Will be in Venice on July 11.

Ciao,
Thin
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 12:50 PM

From 25.5.13 to 1.6.13 I stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment in Dorsoduro. It was a great area, quiet and close to everything we wanted to see. The street was Calle Lunga San Barnaba. We rented from a company called "Views on Venice". They have a good website with plenty of information about the apartments. They were very helpful and even allowed us to get in early on the first day and stay longer on the last day because the apartment wasn't leased again straight away. I would recommend you have a look at their website.
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 01:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
try googling "apartments in venice" - you'll get loads. you'll get the idea from what you see as to which ones you like - some are more up-market than others. you might also get a deal for a late booking.

the fodorite who had an apartment thread is Franco, i think, though I can't find his thread.

VRBO and owners abroad tend to be cheaper as there is no agency involved.
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 02:13 PM

We stayed in Ca' Vecchio Pozzo a little over a week ago, a great place we got from VRBO. The owners are very attentive, the place was great - 1 large master bedroom, one bedroom with one twin and another with 2 twins. We had 5 people and it was comfortable. It is within 5 minutes of St. Mark's, but hidden away for some quiet. There are two canals that you can view from the windows. The owner (who grew up in the home) is a tour guide, Monica Bittante, and we felt her tour of the "real" Venice was well worth it! Good luck. I wish we had more time in Venice!!
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 11:05 PM

willowjane, does Monica Bittante have a website? I am looking for a good private guide for Venice. Thanks.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 02:33 AM

Off topic but - Thin, last year I was in Venice in mid July and there was a sagra in Campo San Giacomo dell Orio that went on for something like 10 days. You probably already know about it, but wanted to point it out since I know you love that campo.

Live music, food, drink, and lots of familiar faces... I hope it is happening again while you are there.
(Sorry to hijack your thread Joanne.)
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 11:31 PM

Hi joanne

The Franco apartment thread is at http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...comodation.cfm

It's very comprehensive, so allow yourself plenty of time to peruse it!

Di
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:43 AM

We rented from The Red House Company http://www.venietiam.com/
at the end of March. Great communication, apartment was exactly as it looked on the internet, we were met by a representative and given a cell phone number that we could use to contact someone in an emergency. Our apartment was in Dorsodouro and was perfect, but was only one bedroom. There are lots of 2 bedroom options on their websites. Hope you have a great time.