Reload this Page >

venice airport transfer

Search

venice airport transfer

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2001, 06:14 PM
frank Keller

venice airport transfer

Can anyone suggest the best way to transfer from the Venice airport to our hotel in Venice. I have arrived by train before (and have taken a water taxi), but I am unsure how far out the airport is. Do we take a taxi or train into Venice and then take a water taxi? Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Frank Keller

Old May 20th, 2001, 06:54 PM
elvira

The water bus goes right from the airport to Venice (several stops); if you're hotel is near one of the stops and you have manageable luggage, take the water bus (17000L) <BR> <BR>You can take a water taxi, and pay $60 or more (ok if there's four or more of you, or you have a ton of luggage, or your hotel is not near a water bus stop - although you could take a water taxi from San Marco after getting off the bus, or you arrive after midnight). <BR> <BR>You can take a land taxi or bus, and arrive at the Piazzale Roma, but then you have to get to your hotel from there (water bus, walk, water taxi). <BR> <BR>"Best" is different for individuals and conditions....

Old May 21st, 2001, 01:16 PM
Frank Keller

Elvira, Thanks for the info. There are nine of us, so I think it would be easier for us to take two water taxis directly from the airport to the hotel. Is it just as easy as the train station to get a taxi? Frank

Old May 21st, 2001, 01:59 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Frank <BR>If you arrive in Venice by rail, you <BR>exit the station down the tremendous <BR>front steps, turn to the left and about <BR>50 yards to the right, just before the <BR>bridge you will find the taxi stand... <BR> <BR>Richard ofLaGrange Park, Ill.

Old May 21st, 2001, 04:56 PM
Celeste

I've seen as many as 10 people in water taxis. I don't know their official limits are but chances are they would take all of you on one boat.

Old May 21st, 2001, 04:58 PM
Celeste

By the way, to find the water taxis at the airport, just walk towards the water. There is a stand in the airport for water taxis.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 05:15 AM
Cindy

We have to catch a plane at Venice airport for our trip back to the U.S. at 8AM. Are there hotels near the airport? Should we spend out last night in Venice near the airport? Any recommendations on hotels?

Old May 23rd, 2001, 04:45 PM
Celeste

I don't personally know any hotels near the airport because I never miss the chance to spend one last night in Venice! A water taxi only takes 20 minutes to the airport (but of course will be about $70), and when we took the vaporetto to Piazzale Roma and then the airport bus it took about 45 minutes.

Old May 28th, 2001, 12:43 PM
Patrizia

I think I have a Venice-phobia even though I loved my one trip there and long to go back! Travelled with my Italian-born mother but may not have her with us this time. How difficult is it to locate & successully take vaporetto to your hotel? I know it helps to have a hotel located near your hotel but I am worried about being able to catch the right one !! I guess my main fear is the language barrier. <BR>Help !! <BR> <BR>Crazy Daughter

Old May 28th, 2001, 03:08 PM
kathy

Just got back from Venice myself. took a water taxi to the hotel the Accademia Pensione. It cost $140,000 Lire. In light of the fact that we had traveled for for more then 15 hours had 3 pieces of luggage, two back packs and a five year old child, we opted for the water taxi. The water taxi is right outside. There is no missing. We didn't try to negotiate for the fair as we were too tired to deal with it. I have to admit that it was quite magical standing on the back of the water taxi coming into Venice. I wouldn't have missed that experience for the world as it really meant we were on VACATION!!! <BR>