Reload this Page >

Train from Lake Garda to Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2001, 10:26 AM
marge pacheco

Could someone help with the cost and times for a train(s)from Limone sul Garda (west side of Lake Garda) to Florence? (I have gone to fs-on-line and was lost on it). Would like to find out how many times will we have to change trains, is they going to be to difficult? Should we try to get ourselves to Verona or Milan and start from there? We would like Eurostar, when possible, and 1st class. <BR>Sorry about the double post but the first didn't go to the Italy sections. Hope it works this time. <BR> <BR>

Old May 24th, 2001, 12:46 PM
Paulo

No trains in Limone del Garda <BR> <BR>Your best shot is to shuttle to Rovereto and board the train there. A taxi would take you there in 1/2 hour or so (30km). Don't know if there are buses. <BR> <BR>There's a direct Eurostar leaving Rovereto at 10:24am, arriving in Florence at 1:35pm. 1st/2nd class tickets cost Lit 72,400/49,500 (madatory seat reservations included). At 2:20pm, there's a direct IC train, arriving at 5:38pm (Lit 55,700/38,600 + Lit 5,800 if you care for seat reservations). There are a few other trains that take longer and involve one or two changes. <BR> <BR>Paulo

Old May 27th, 2001, 08:21 AM
marge pacheco

Paulo, <BR>Thanks so much. Both trains take about 3 hrs, what is the difference besides L?

Old May 27th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Paulo

The morning Eurostar Italian train starts in Bolzano, meaning that it'll be on time for sure. Also, since Bolzano is pretty close to Rovereto, the train should be quite empty at least part of your trip. First class seating is airplane lounge type with 3 seats across (2 seats - isle - 1 seat). Second class seating is 4 across and a somewhat smaller leg space (there are more seat rowns in 2nd class than in 1st). <BR> <BR>The afternoon EuroCity train starts in Munich and thus more prone to delays. It should also be more crowded. 1st class seating is cabin type with 6 seats. 2nd class cabins hold 8 seats. <BR> <BR>Both trains stop only 2 minutes in Rovereto, and both also stop in Verona and Bologna. The EC train makes an extra stop in Prato. The Eurostar trains are normally more recently built, more luxurious and the whole train works as a unit. It's build to travel faster (where the tracks allow). <BR> <BR>You'd be satisfied with either. Which train to take should be determined by the arrival time in Florence only. <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old May 28th, 2001, 03:18 PM
marge pacheco

Paulo, <BR> <BR>I can't tell you how much better I feel about taking the train. The trip won't be until next April but I know won't have to worry about the unknown (times & where). Thanks again. <BR> <BR>Marge