Search

Venice!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Kathie

Venice!

I was in love with Venice. Was not initally expecting to be, interested yes, but not nuts about the thought. Trip was originally intended as Rome and Florence, and my companion said, let's add Venice. Absolutely wonderful, magical...laid back and not overly crowded nor dirty as I was lead to believe from books/emails. We were there at the end of June, the weather, hotel, people, food, shopping, everything was as I started out with...much more than I expected, have booked again at the same htl. the same room and dates...they will have us for many years to come. Not the only place in Italy, but a definate repeat!!!!!

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Book Chick

Kathie, <BR>I'm so happy you found Venice to be such a favorable experience. Like you, I know it's not all there is to Italy, but it does have a special magic all its own & I hope to return there someday. I also found it to be much cleaner than I expected. (It was also much more expensive than I expected, but I did relish my time at Cafe Florian, which was worth every lira!) <BR>Best Wishes, <BR>BC

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 12:43 PM
dale

Spent ten days there in Feb-Mar. Unbelievable Carnivale crowds, nasty weather. One of the most memorable weeks in my long life! There's nowhere like it.

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 12:59 PM
ellie

I've been fortunate enough to make several long trips to Italy during the past 30 years. I always went out of my way to skip Venice...figured I was above it all and expected a crowded, dirty, dank place crawling with tourists. Two years ago my hubby broke me down and we rented an apartment there for a week in April. I cant even being to explain the love I felt for the place the moment I glimpsed the city as we took a water taxi from the airport. Of all the wonderful places I've visited, Venice now tops my list of favorites. It is the most magical place in the world!

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 12:10 AM
Linda McIlwain

Hi Kathie: <BR>Do you mind posting the names of the hotels and addresses and phone numbers to the ones you stayed at in Rome, Venice and Florence? <BR>Thanks, Linda

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 08:27 PM
\

here we have the "yin" to the "yang" of those who are underwhelmed by venice (see other thread)