Veneto area lodging

Old Sep 27th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Veneto area lodging

We are just beginning our plans for a 2 week family trip to Italy late March/early April 2009. We will be meeting friends of my brother near Solighetto (near Conegliano). I am looking for a recommendation for a place to stay for one week to serve as a base for exploring the area, relaxing, and enjoying time with family. My brother and his family will probably stay with the friends in Solighetto. I need to find a place (farmhouse, country inn, rental) to house the rest of us - 6 to 10 others including kids. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 09:42 AM
rex

I realize that you are looking for a personal recommendation, but this looks like a useful resource:

http://www.veniceandcountry.com/bed....to.treviso.htm

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 10:19 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We stayed at a wonderful agriturismo in the hills above Vicenza,Le Vescovane. It is a beautiful property, a restored manor house,with excellent restaurant and a lovely pool. It is in Karen Brown's Bed and Breakfast guide to Italy.
www.levescovane.com
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 10:29 AM

We have stayed at lovely places in the Veneto, but not near where you want to be. Perhaps the better approach would be to have your brothers friends inquire around their town for accomodations for your group.

We went a couple of years ago to the village where my grandfather was born up in the Dolomites. It is not a big place but it has a small family run hotel. We took over the place, there were fourteen of us. The food was all home made and wonderful.
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Original Poster

All good suggestions. I also bought a couple of guidebooks to get a better understanding of the area. Rex - thanks for the website - it looks to be a good place to start. My brother's friends mentioned that there are some B&B's in the area and we may just have to take one over. I am sure they will have more specific advice but communication has been a bit slow. We are in the very early planning stages but quite excited.
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM

Three suggestions:

Go to viamichelin.com and do a hotel search for Solighetto. It will give you a map and place suggestions at their location nearby.

Go to Google maps and search for Solighetto Italy accommodations.

Do a search for "agriturismo Soligo" and you'll get something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/soligo
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 06:48 PM

According to viamichelin, b&b/villa rental Il Fae in San Pietro di Filetto is 9.5 km from Solighetto, and seems to have some flexibility for groups of different sizes:

http://www.ilfae.com/villa/index.htm