Venere.com Discount Code

Search

Venere.com Discount Code

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venere.com Discount Code

I recently booked a hotel in Rome using Venere.com for the first time. When I received the confirmation email it included this note:

"The Venere discount code allows you to offer a discount to your friends who want to book via Venere while giving you the chance to collect bonus points that are redeemable at Amazon, AMREF and other participating websites.

The discount code you can offer is: AX2PEMF"

The discount is 4%. There is a box to enter a discount code when you are inputting your personal information. I used a code from a friend and my discount was instantly applied.

I hope someone will find this useful.

Happy Travels!

Old Feb 21st, 2006, 11:14 AM

Here's another 4% discount code for Venere -- like you said, the discount applies instantly. If anyone knows of a higher discount or promotional code, please share!

A8FBZEH
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 10:54 PM

BTW, I tried the first code when I booked in late January but it didn't work.

Might just be me, though.

Thanks all for sharing - and here's the one I got:

AMRD49D

Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:10 AM

I must say that what I love about Venere.com is the cancellation policy. Unlike expedia or orbitz, venere doesn't charge you up-front and allows you to cancel without penalty within reasonable time parameters. This has allowed me to book something with Venere as a back-up and I'm able to keep looking if I'm so inclined. They also have some smaller European hotels that aren't available on expedia or orbitz. This convenience however seems to carry a cost since I've also noticed higher rates for the same hotels, esp. with the current exchange rate.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:52 AM

I love that you can search for a quad or family room for 4 people on Venere.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:05 AM

I booked four hotels for our upcoming trip and worked the Web hard for the best rates.

I ended up finding better rates on two hotels through Venere, one "best rate" through Expedia and one direct with the hotel.

I think it just depends on where you're looking to stay and when -- and how much time you're willing to spend staring at Web sites and calculating exchange rates before you go bug-eyed.
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 06:31 PM

THX!!!!!

I just used that code above and saved nearly 20 USD. I am sure that I can now afford a double martini upon arrival! <sarcasm>

If the above codes don't work, or are out of date, here is the newest (as of this post): 9YMYT6M

I wont be using any of the points at amazon, or anywhere else, so by all means plz try the other codes above first!

Happy Travel!
~Jay
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 06:27 PM

Wow! I'm so happy I checked fodor's today to see what folks had to say about Venere.com. I'm always a bit leery about booking sites I've never heard of. I found a great rate for the Hotel Astor in Munich, Germany (75E a night!). And I was able to save 10E on the booking thanks to fishee's discount code.

Here's one that I hope someone reading this puts to good use:

9S7YM7T

Bon voyage!
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 06:38 PM

Thanks for this post. I've never used this booking site, but after reading this, I will try it for my trip in May.
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 07:15 AM

Here's another code to try: BNQ2PW2. Remember not only do you get a small discount, but a portion of the organizations proceeds help to support a girls school in Africa!
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 01:09 PM

Yesterday, I booked the Auberge-St.Pierre on Le Mont-St-Michel for one night this summer. It was listed for 96 euros, which I thought was a great price, and I booked it, getting the 4% discount. The price was 96 euros when I put in the date, and I received an inital booking email with that price. My confirmation email,however, listed the price at 118 euros (-4%discount).

I've written back to them to find out what the fee is, but I haven't heard back as of yet.

Has anyone had this happen? I have to admit, it was my first time using venere.com, and it feels like a sleazy come-on. Tempt you with one price, then, when they've got you hooked, give you the REAL deal.

I'll let you know if there is a correction, but I wondered if anyone had a similar experience.

Thanks,
Paule
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 03:01 PM

progol, was the second email from the hotel? Sometimes accommodations act less than perfectly when it comes to prices, but it's not exactly Venere's fault.

One time I booked a room on Venere that was to have a private bathroom. After I booked, I got an email back where the owner stated that it didn't have a private bathroom, but would that still be okay?

I'm not sure what the deal is in your case, but just thought I would mention that.
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 03:46 PM

WillTravel,
Yes, the second email was from the hotel, although it is via venere.com. I wrote back to the hotel and to the customer service link, so I hope to get an answer soon. What I found so odd was that they still gave me the 4% discount, which was through the discount code provided. But the "confirmed" fee from the hotel was never indicated anywhere on the website.
Paule
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 07:24 AM

I've never heard of the price going up after you've made your reservation with the credit card info. I would cancel immediately if I were you -- seems like this up-charging is possible since venere doesn't actually have you pre-pay for your room. Never thought of the flip-side of this...

Are you staying only one night? Someone else reported that some hotels would say they didn't have anything available when he contacted them directly. Booking sites however, don't impose a minimum stay and he was able to book one room anyway at the same price at the same hotel. I wonder if the hotel is trying to up-charge you for a one-night stay?
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 04:03 PM

fishee,
I would guess that a lot of people stay only one night on Le Mont St-Michel, so I don't really think that the reason it's higher is due to staying one-night only. I will take your advice, though, and cancel this reservation. Then I'll try again. I wrote back to the hotel and to customer service, and haven't heard back from them. Thanks for the feedback.
Paule
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Neopolitan

One possible answer is that your higher rate includes a required breakfast. I'm not sure that's it, but I ran into that once booking -- possibly on venere. Mine ended up being the same rate as on a hotel's website. I went for the lower rate on venere and later found out there's didn't include the breakfast, the hotel's website did. Could that be it? 11 euro each for breakfast could be right.

Old Apr 17th, 2006, 04:34 PM

That makes a lot of sense, and I will check it out. I'm also waiting till tomorrow morning before I cancel to see if I hear back from someone.
Paule
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 09:07 AM

try this code! venere.com told me it never expires and i used it this month!!!! 4% instant savings! i just booked a trip to Rome!! discount code: B4UBLSK

Old Nov 29th, 2006, 08:14 AM

I have ATJNES9 as discount code at Venere.com

I just used it and worked perfectly. Good luck.
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 09:23 AM

Can anybody use those codes, or are they personal - assigned only after a booking for the next booking for a particular person?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -