Reload this Page >

Veggie restaurants-various cities?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Tim Stark

Hello, <BR>We will be in Scotland (Inverness, Aberdeen, Edinburgh), London, Bruges, Paris, and Amsterdam this summer. Anyone have any favorite vegetarian restaurants in these places (or Websites that I might go to)?<BR>Thank you

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 07:50 PM
Mel

I had dinner at Black Bo's, just off the Royal Mile, in Edinburgh a few weeks ago (with Sheila--who will probably provide several good answers to this thread). It's a very small--perhaps 5 tables--excellent vegan restaurant. As I recall, Sheila and my other friend had stuffed aubergine and I had a penne pasta dish. They even have veggie haggis, which wasn't too bad (a bit like scrapple, if you're familiar with that east coast delicacy.) Black Bo's has a great reputation, so you'll want to make reservations.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 03:11 AM
Veggie Guy

to the top please

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 05:03 AM
Lindsey

My favourite vegetarian restaurant in London is called The Gate, and is slightly off the tourist track (in Hammersmith, west London), but is well worth a visit. It's a frequent award-winner for the very high and inventive standards of vegetarian cuisine - have a look at a sample menu on their website - www.gateveg.co.uk

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Sue

The very expensive 3 Michelin star L'Arpege (in Paris) became vegetarian about a year ago. They have a prix fixe lunch for 104 euros; tres cher,n'est-ce pas? But I understand that dining there is a wonderful experience.