Vegetarian cooking classes in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2019, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

A friend of mine is wondering whether there are any vegetarian cooking classes she could attend when she goes to Paris in August. I asked whether baking would count, and she said sure.

I know I have read accounts here of people who have done cooking classes in Paris (in English). Anyone have any suggestions or experiences to share?
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't taken any but since no one has answered I'll make a couple comments. First, I'd bet it will be impossible to find a vegetarian French cooking class because traditional French cuisine is not vegetarian. So that's not going to happen. And I mean really vegetarian because you can find some courses on seafood, although not a lot, but that isn't vegetarian. So that leaves workshops which are plentiful on special topics like bread, pastry, and sauces (or sometimes technique but that probably isn't as fun, just to learn knife skills). Second comment is that classes in English are limited, and then throw in August and some are not scheduled that month, of course.

I do know of 3 places that have some workshops on pastry, bread, and/or sauces in AUgust which she can view:

La Cuisine
Cordon Bleu
Le Foodist
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 08:04 AM

We took a class with Cookin With Class and loved it! We did the macaroon class, but they have a bunch more, including vegan desserts, but there are plenty of others that are not vegan so would work for a vegetarian. Take a look at their website and see.

www.cookinwithclass.com
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 08:34 AM

When I read your question, I immediately thought of L'Arpege, the three-star Michelin restaurant. When it opened, it was exclusively vegetarian, but has added seafood and meats over the years. They still have a vegetarian tasting menu. I looked at their website, but didn't see any mention of cooking classes.