Search

Vatican

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:02 AM
ellen

Vatican

Does anyone have a web site to book tour for Vatican?Also, we don't love galleries, so when in Florence, if you had to choose one Gallery, which would it be(Academia or Uffizi) We only have 2 days in Florence and I want to have time to wander around and enjoy the city.Thank you for any suggestions.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:33 AM
honey

I'd go to the Academia, just because I absolutely LOVE David (the sculpture). The Uffizi is big, big, big and I really like it, but it leaves me exhausted. You can breeze through the Academia in half an hour but it's hard to breeze through the Uffizi in less than 2 hours, in my opinion.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Larry

Just came back from Florence and the Academia is repairing the skylight over David and you can only view from the front. If you do not like galleries, I would skip both and go to the Palaza Vechio (sp?) It is a little Art mixed with Architecture and general interst items.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Ellen

Do you have to prebook anything at the Palazza Vecchio?

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Vita

Do Accademia for David and the unfinished Slaves. All in one room. It won't take long. You don't need prebooking to see St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican. I'd highly recommend getting up early and going when it opens. There are hardly any people there at that time and you can enjoy all the art in peace. However, you would have to book early to do the Scavi tour ([email protected]). Do a search for Scavi on this forum and you'll find all the info you need. Here's another site with info:<BR><BR>http://www.twenj.net/romevatican.htm

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 07:59 AM
ellen

Thanks alot for the inf o Vita.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 04:30 PM
j lukacsy

use Google for search engine, type in Scala Reale. great guided tour small groups 4-6. Our guide was John a seminary student at the vatican. A native of massachusetts.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Helen Donegan

Hi Ellen<BR>Have a look at this page - you may find it useful:<BR>http://www.italywithus.com/main_page...vorites_a.html

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 01:08 AM
vatican

Try www.romanholidays.com or e-mail [email protected] they give some great advice on Rome.