Valencia - hotel recommendation

Aug 24th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Valencia - hotel recommendation

Hi

If you have any hotel recommendations for Valencia I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:35 AM

which price range, and what do you plan to see while there.. how many days? when?
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:37 AM

see what you find on www.gtahotels.com, www.talonotel.com, www.rumbo.es, and www.hotels.com, expedia, etc. and see which price range and names come up for your dates.
a lot to choose from, and i can help once you narrow it down..
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:11 PM

ttt
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Original Poster

I'd like to get a hotel that is close to the city centre. We are going mid Oct for 2 days.

Not sure what we want to do or see yet but I figure it would be good to be in the city centre and not have to walk too far to the major sights. Definitely want to eat paella.

here are is a list of hotels that I short-listed. I have read the reviews on tripadvisor too, and they all seem to be ok. Your comments would be appreciated. THANKS

Husa Reina Victoria
Vincci Lys Hotel
Hotel Sorolla
Eurostars Gran Valencia Hotel
Hotel Medium Conqueridor
Aug 25th, 2006, 06:30 AM

vincci lys, reina victoria, also astoria palace if you see good rate.
all very nice.

reina victoria.. am not sure if it has been renovated.
what prices are you finding?

eurostars too far out in new residential area.. near shopping but NOT downtown nor near science center.

Aug 25th, 2006, 06:43 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Ad Hoc, nice location and we were very happy with the room. If you stay there, ask for a hotel on the top floor, they have balconys in the back NOT overlooking the street, so it's nice and quiet. We liked Valencia, great Aquarium/Science museum there!
Aug 25th, 2006, 06:43 AM

Sorry, forgot to post the link to their web-site.

http://www.jpmoser.com/hotel_ad_hoc.html
Aug 25th, 2006, 06:47 AM

here's their website

http://www.adhochoteles.com/
Aug 25th, 2006, 06:53 AM

Sorry again, "ask for a room on the top floor", I'm doing too much multi-tasking today!
Aug 25th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your feedback.

The astoria palace website has a best rate of 93 EUROS for a twin room. Is that a good price?
Aug 25th, 2006, 11:17 AM

not bad, but sometimes www.gtahotels. gives you breakfast and tax for 113.. which would be worth it IMO unless you find some hotels on www.talonotel.com.

i will tell you how to get those vouchers for talonotel later.
check it out. usually 60 euros night for nice places if money is an issue.
Aug 29th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Hello

Do you know anything about Hotel Sorolla. On expedia it is 50 GBP per room per night.

I had a look at www.talonotel.com but unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to tell what location the hotel was in. sorry, could you give me some help?
Aug 29th, 2006, 02:22 PM

The Sorolla Hotel is very central, near from the Estació del Nord (train station) and Corte Ingles department store. I like the location very much, I've never been there though I know some friends who did and felt great there
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:22 PM

i am not sure how much 50 GBP is, but the astoria is a much higher class hotel than the sorolla, although the soroll,a i am sure is fine.

both are VERY well situated, as is the reina victoria.

any of those are great.

since i don't know your dates.. i can't look for you. arbitrarily i have punched in a few.. not as much on talonotel as usual, but that means nothing without more info.

i see also they mix a lot of out of town hotels, and many of the valenica hotels are also at edge of city or near the america's cup area.

they do have maps and a calendar of the prices all year long if you click on each hotel's name, then click on calendario anual.
this is a real help when trying to rearrange a trip to get the most out of your hotel prices if you can be alittle flexible.

i see the reina victoria , and the astoria have 60 euro nights in there if they fit your itinerary.(includes tax).

good luck