Reload this Page >

Using Mobile while travelling in Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Daisy

I am going to travel to Italy next week, places like Milan, Venice, Rome, Naples. Can someone tell me is it easy and where to get a local mobile "SIM" card such that I would bring my own mobile (with GSM) with me to Italy? And how much? Does it work well national in italy?<BR><BR>thx<BR>Daisy<BR><BR>

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Pixie

Daisy - you don't mention where you're travelling from. If your phone is a US one it will need to be a 'Tri-band' to work in Europe.<BR><BR>Alternatively, most places offer mobile phone rental now.

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 04:42 AM
daisy

I am coming from Hong Kong where I used to use GSM phone. My mobile said I could use my own phone which is compatible with local phone network in Italy. I only need to buy a SIM there such that I could make local call. So is there SIM services there?<BR><BR>thx

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Jim

Daisy,<BR>You can purchase a sim card anywhere in Italy. Many GSM phones have to be "un-locked" for a new sim card to work. If locked, you would have to get your past provider to give you the unlock code numbers before it would work in Italy or any European country for that matter.

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 08:38 AM
x

I'm also looking to purchased a prepaid SIM in Italy. If faced with a choice TIM, Wind, Blu, etc - is any one better than the others? Thanks