USAA Maestro ATM card

Old Oct 4th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USAA Maestro ATM card

This card doesn't have the 1% fee. I just received it so hope it works without a glitch in Europe.
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 08:55 AM

Once you get back, check the currency conversion rate. That's another way to determine if it is a great value or not. No fees makes me want to check the other side of the cost column, what rate do they use to convert the local currency .
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

I just spoke with USAA again. Someone had given me the wrong info last week. (And to think I paid a FedEx charge!!) They do charge the one percent fee. Guess we can't get away from it.
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 10:55 AM

I was wondering about that because I thought somebody else on here with a USAA card said they did charge the one pct fee -- but that could have been the credit card.

My bank doesn't charge it, but I don't have a debit card, which I think you must (Maestro? is that logo on it? I'm suprised as that's European).

Didn't you get terms spelled out in a customer agreement when you got the card? I think you have to get that by law, and it would be more accurate than perhaps a customer service person.
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

I did receive the agreement, read it, and that's why I called. You'd think they'd give you the right info by phone but the person I spoke with did not. Yes, Maestro is European but then our military people are all over the world.