Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

US Airways destination for a long weekend?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Janice

I've got an unused US Airways ticket that I'd like to exchange for a ticket to somewhere in Europe. I live in Chicago, so I understand I have to connect through Pittsburgh, Charlotte or Philadelphia. But where to go? I'm tempted to go to Paris again (I'm ALWAYS tempted to go to Paris!) but I'd like your feedback on other destinations US Airways serves. Given that I don't have a weekend picked out, or a fixed length of stay, I'm open to all sorts of opinions. Thanks!

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 12:16 PM
elaine

Janice<BR>Can you give us an idea of European destinations that US Air serves from Philly, Pitts. or Charlotte?

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Janice

I've narrowed it down to Madrid, Rome, Paris, Brussels or Amsterdam. For a long weekend!

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Monica

Paris!! That's what I'm planning to do in January!

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 02:44 PM
Gretchen

Paris, hands down. So easy to take in so much in a short period of time, particularly if you are the least bit familiar with the city.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 03:20 PM
Alice

I love Paris, and always that is my first choice....but if you are looking for a change, I'd vote Rome if earlier spring or Amsterdam if later spring. Rome (like Paris) has such a wealth of things to see, museums, just the fact of being in such a place. Amsterdam, in late spring, has those glorious fields of flowers, wonderful museums, and the canal houses to see.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 03:32 PM
Michelle

I would opt for London.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 07:02 PM
Diane

I'd try Brussels, just because I've never been there and I've recently gotten acquainted with several delightful Belgians.

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 06:51 AM
Mitch

Fly into Brussles and then catch the train to Brugge for a weekend you will never forget!

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 08:20 AM
elaine

I vote for Amsterdam, esp since you've beent to Paris. It seems to me you could see quite a bit in a short time, except for tulips.

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 09:27 AM
joe t

just returned from roma on US airways, rt $410.