US Air

Mar 5th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Belinda

US Air

HI, My sister in law and I are traveling to Italy the end of April and the first of May. We just rebooked today after cancelling after the events of Sept 11th. We found a great deal on round trip tickets from Kansas City to Rome on US Air. Has anyone traveled US Air from the states to Italy?? Can you tell us your experiences good or bad?? We are getting so excited again. Thanks for your help!!!

Mar 5th, 2002, 11:19 AM
CAgal

Yes, have flown from Phila. to Rome on USAirways. This is their premier flight, I think. Good experiences both ways, but there were no vacant seats. I liked their 2-5-2 configuration. This was two years ago.

What was your price, Belinda?

Mar 5th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Sue

Belinda, do a search above on US Air. There was a recent thread that will come up--the fourth one down.

Or use this URL (I put a space after responses so it wouldn't mess up the window--ignore that space).

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...5&numresponses =16&start=0&searchText=US+Air

The concensus was that US Air is good. I especially like their personnel.

Mar 5th, 2002, 11:24 AM
melissadicicco

Hi Belinda-
I have flown USAirways from Philadelphia to Rome, Paris, and London. All of the flights were fine, with no major problems. On the flight from Paris, my video equipment did not work. They gave me a portable mini TV/VCR to watch, and also gave me a $75 travel voucher. We have never had a bad experience with USAir. I hope that you have a wonderful time on your trip!
Melissa

Mar 5th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Sue

I've flown from PIT to PHL to FCO; good flight on airbus, individual screens with your choice of what to watch, etc. I'm curious about your fare, too, since I just posted a question re PIT-CDG; info I've gotten from USAirways is not a great deal.

Mar 5th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Belinda

Thanks for the responses. I feel much better about our choice. We bought a membership to Bestfares and got the deal thru them for $492. We checked on US Air's website and the same flight was $822 if you booked direct. The $60 investment with Bestfares was well worth it.

Mar 5th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Sandy

I booked my US Air flight 2 weeks ago. I spent an average of an hour a day checking numerous consolidators and airlines for the best price in April. I am flying from PHL to FCO, then out of VCE (change planes at CDG) then back to PHL. I got them for $545! They were only at that price for 2 days, now they are up to $822. I have heard good things also. Only ever used them within the US, but never any problems.

Mar 5th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Rex

To Sue:

I always smile when I see other people making (good) use of the URL for a thread.

This is about your use of a space to avoid the "too-long-line-length" problem.

You don't need anything after the (5- or 6- or) 7-digit "tid" (thread id) number.

Thus,

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1345865

is just as good as the longer URL you cited, and not so lengthy.

Best wishes,

Rex

Oh - - and P.S. to Belinda - - I too have flown US Air (to Munich, not to Italy) - - and had no complaints. There aren't any of the airlines that have figured out how to make the ocean any narrower.

Mar 5th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Sherry

Sue. We are flying US Airways from PIT-PHL-FCO in April. I got my tickets on Orbitz because the fares on the US Airways flights were $667 and Orbitz $532. Orbitz said it was only for a couple of days, but I checked about two days ago and they were the same price.
After I bought the fares on US Airways via their site did go down but not to $532 and now they are back up.
Belinda
I have flown them from Pit to FCO last year and was very impressed with the Airbus 330 and the individual entertainment screens. It also seems that the luggage space for carry on is more generous. Not so hard to get your bag on.

Mar 5th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Sue

Rex, thanks for the tip!

Mar 5th, 2002, 08:13 PM
Rex

You're welcome.

Mar 6th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Donelle

Fell on ramp boarding 2-5-2 jet from Philly to Rome..was given a bottle of very good champagne..then returned to Philly connecting to return to Tampa and volunteered us to be 'bumped' in Philly to later flight earning us two free RT tickets to use in a year and they put us in First Class on the later flight. Lesson #1..ALWAYS have your seat assignments ahead..Lesson #2 don't try to look for that seat number and walk down a ramp at the same time.

Mar 6th, 2002, 03:03 PM
Maira

I've flown USAirways to Munich, Paris, London-Gatwick, and Rome. No mayor complaints. Their flights are typically booked solid, which may translate into busy flight attendants, but overall they are consistently my first choice when traveling to Europe.

Mar 6th, 2002, 06:33 PM
anon

US Air is consistently good for service and price.