Search

Urgent Help

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Urgent Help

I need some insight......I am leaving on my honeymoon in a couple hours, flying through london to athens, then santorini. my mom is a travel agent and booked all of out tickets for us, which was nice. But I didn't realize that she booked us with a 1 hour layover in Athens, and switchin from Olympic to Aegean airlines. also, we are on th last flight of the night to santorini. Could anyone give me some insight to minimum time needed in athens airport to complete the fiasco we are about to attempt? Any other suggestions? sorry for the hast, we just put two and two together. Thanks
Old May 25th, 2007, 06:31 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I've never transfered through Athens so can't help you there - don't know how much time you need.

But I can help you get more "help". Re-post w/ a better title. "Urgent Help" could be asking anything about anywhere in Europe . . . .

(and maybe fire your TA )
Old May 25th, 2007, 06:38 AM

Take your track shoes? Seriously, I've never been through the Athens airport and have no idea how easy it is to transit, but it may be a good idea to have a few Athens hotel ideas in your pocket, so if you don't make the connection you'll have some idea where to stay. Maybe your TA could work on this a little while you're in the air and you could contact her if you're facing the prospect of spending the night in the airport.

Don't stress too much over this little "fiasco." Have a glorious honeymoon!
Old May 25th, 2007, 06:38 AM

I'm no Athens airport expert, but we just flew in and out of Athens a few weeks ago.
I assume you're coming from the US, which would mean that you'll go thru customs in London NOT Athens (because they're all EU countries).
We connected through Paris and went through customs there.
I was hoping to get my passport stamped in Greece, but only a French stamp.
So you won't have to worry about going thru customs...that will save you some time.
Athens isn't an overly huge airport so walking distances are reasonable.
I wouldn't fret too much, as long as your flight arrived Athens in time.

Have a great trip and congratulations!!
Old May 25th, 2007, 06:49 AM

<<<<I assume you're coming from the US, which would mean that you'll go thru customs in London NOT Athens>>>>

If it's on Olympic you can't assume they cleared customs elsewhere ...

That could make it dicey, but that said, Athens airport is relatively new and efficient. Make a deal with Mom -- if you miss the flight, she pays for a night at the lovely Sofitel next door to the terminal and then get the first plane out in the a.m.

(And if you can't get on a plane the next day, head to Piraeus and grab a ferry.)

Don t worry, though, odds are you'll be OK.

And congratulations!