Upscale Venice Hotel - kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, visiting Venice in October '04. Looking for a fairly child friendly hotel (we have one child 18 months). We've seen Hotel Flora touted on this site as kid friendly but we were looking for something maybe a little more upscale if there is one. Any suggestions?
Old May 17th, 2004, 06:13 AM

What do you mean child friendly? one infant staying in your room is allowed in any good hotel in the city. Its not like your looking for a resort with other kids to play with.
Old May 17th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

We stayed at a very nice hotel in Paris and our crib turned out to be a cot so by child friendly I really mean to say that they are able and willing to accomodate a child. You would be surprised at how many hotels aren't. Thanks
Old May 17th, 2004, 07:09 AM

Last year, my family enjoyed the Pensione Accademia Villa Marevage. It gets great reviews here and elsewhere.
Old May 17th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Singletail

To avoid disappointment I suggest you ask any hotel "recommended" here and that you subsequently contact if they can/will specifically supply the things you need.

Old May 17th, 2004, 07:34 AM

I think the Flora is considered kid-friendly because they are one of the few Venice hotels with a quad/family rooms (we stayed in it). It doesn't have any special facilities for kids in any case. There are some hotels that don't want children, but I think most wouldn't mind a 18 month old in his/her parent's room. I would start emailing any hotels you are interested in and ask what kind of accommodations they have for your family. Also keep in mind that many of these hotels have stairwells out in the open (as well as elevators in most cases).
Old May 17th, 2004, 07:45 AM

If you want upscale, the Gritti Palace was very accomodating to us when we brought our two little girls to Venice in November of 2001. We booked a double room and it was immense--large enough to fit in a rollaway bed that the girls shared. It was the only hotel on that trip that didn't require us to book a quad or two rooms for the four of us. As a five star hotel, I think that they should have cribs, but if you book with them, I'd make sure to let them know you need one.
Old May 17th, 2004, 09:11 AM

Hi
A twin room that I stayed in a couple of years ago at the Saturnia Internazionale was very large, plenty of room for an additional bed.
It is a 2 minute walk from the Flora.
I've stayed at the Flora and liked it,but the Saturnia is a larger hotel with more luxuries, and an outstanding breakfast