UK Rail Strike

Jun 12th, 2001, 12:00 PM
David White

UK Rail Strike

Alert for visitors to Britain:

A major rail strike is planned for June 25 and July 4.

Things could change, but right now the strike seems likely to impact most train companies in the UK. Will try to post updates here, and on my own website.

David White
http://www.KidsToLondon.com
[email protected]

Jun 12th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Danny

Will this affect the tube as well????

Jun 12th, 2001, 12:50 PM
David White

Danny,

Not directly--the Tube will not be on strike (the Tube had its own strike problems, which have supposedly been resolved). But indirectly, any rail strike that affects London commuter rail services can have some impact on the tube.

Jun 13th, 2001, 05:55 AM

To the top! Any new news??

Jun 13th, 2001, 07:46 AM
Alec

The threatened strike will NOT affect the following rail companies: Great Eastern and Island Line on Isle of Wight (voted against), Gatwick Express, Thameslink and West Anglian and Great Northern (trains have no guards/conductors). The RMT union leaders are in negotiation with the rail operating companies to try to resolve the dispute.

Jun 13th, 2001, 08:15 AM
nokids

Maybe the strike will discourage him from taking those "kidstolondon" .. this guy never misses a chance to indicate his website which promotes his book.
Please David White, give it up. You don't have a best seller there.

Jun 13th, 2001, 10:38 AM
David White

Dear "Nokids",

Thanks for your opinion and the courage to post it anonymously. For the record, I have been answering questions and providing information about family travel to London long before my website or "bestseller". I've answered hundreds of inquiries...not for the money, just for the love of the subject.

I specifically mentioned the website in this posting because that's where I will try to post updates on this strike. Sorry that the mention offended you.

Jun 13th, 2001, 11:33 AM

Hey, I'm glad the rail strike stuff was posted 'cause my trip to England is in July!

Jun 13th, 2001, 12:19 PM
Phil

Alec , thank you for the info .

My main concern was the Gatwick Express and West Anglia . We are arriving on June 25 and had to be in West Anglia that PM . I feel like I dodged a bit of a bullet .

Thanks again , Phil