Reload this Page >

Uffuzi Lines in April?

Search

Uffuzi Lines in April?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Dana

Uffuzi Lines in April?

Hi, We'll be in Florence on Friday and wondered if its really necessary to buy tickets in advance this early in the season. If so, where is the best site to get them? Also, in Florence and Rome, is the American Express card pretty much accepted (vs MasterCard or Visa). Thanks<BR>

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Sue

A lot of guide books say that high season in Italy begins right after Easter; other than that, I don't know. I bought them in advance for May of last year, but no longer have the website. I'm sure someone here does, or run a search.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 09:04 AM
elaine

Dana<BR>Why not ask your hotel to make a Uffizi reservation for you?<BR>If you get there and your plans change, you can still change the arrangements.<BR>If the lines are bad, and they usually are, you will not have to wait.<BR>I don't see a downside.<BR>C. Cards most accepted are Visa, AmEx, and MC, most places catering to visitors take the AmEx and MC. Occasionally there is a "Visa" only establishment so I always take one just in case. It's best to go with two cards anyway in case you lose one. Carry them separately.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Carol

We booked tickets through WeekendinFlorence.com. They charge a premium but it was easy to do online and worth the cost. Last March, which is low season, lines were long by 9:30 and we were glad we had the tickets.<BR><BR>We took Amex, one Visa and one Mastercard and an ATM card. Most places took one or ther other. I think we did use Amex more than the others and had the others as backups.<BR><BR>Have fun.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Carin

Get your tickets in advance. We were there last April, and if we hadn't had reservations we would have had to wait in line 2 1/2 to 3 hours like everyone else. Try weekendafirenze.com.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Ann

Just got back 2 wks ago,,,our hotel made our reservations, we were lucky, the line was extremely long.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Dayle

Dana, we stood in line for 2 1/2 hours a few years ago in MARCH! This was before they took reservations. For heaven's sake - take advance of the reservations!

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:47 PM
pluto

Dana<BR>Or you can make them yourself for the Accademia and Uffizi with an English speaking operator at 011-39-055-294-883 Monday-Friday 0830 to 1830. You pay when you pick up the tickets.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Dana

Thanks Everyone. I'm making reservation now.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 06:59 AM
beth anderson

I've been there in January and was glad to make a reservation. the lines were incredible.<BR><BR>I didn't have any probs making them that same day, however. I just kept on walking past the line until I came to the little room which would take reservations... there was no line. <BR><BR>Given that it was January, maybe there would be a line for even that, in April... and it only took me three hours to get in. I spent the time spending wads on leather shtuff! (so maybe it would have been better to stay in line!! stay out of trouble.. )<BR><BR>ha ha<BR><BR>beth

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Jean

We saw the Uffizi in October 1999 without a reservation. In fact, over a five-day period, we went twice! The first time, we got in line at 8:00 a.m. and were inside within 45 minutes (including buying tickets). The second time was a last-minute decision. We walked by the entrance around 7:00 p.m., and there was no line so we went in again to see a few favorites again. At that time, the Uffizi was open until 11:00 p.m. <BR><BR>Every other time we walked by during the day (our hotel was nearby), the lines were enormous.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 11:36 AM
anon

Related Question. I will be in Florence for 3 days. Can I go there and buy a an advance ticket my first day for my last?

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Harriette

another related question--when you make the reservations is it for a certain time period in the day or anytime that particular day? we are coming from Livorno and will be on a cruise ship so it is hard to pinpoint a specific time

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Harriette

topping