Reload this Page >

Uffizi reservation.

Search

Uffizi reservation.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 11:58 AM
josh

Uffizi reservation.

I made the Uffizi reservation by calling them directly. They gave me a reservation code. After hanging up I realized that I did not pay anything for reservation. Is that how it is done, or the lady forgot to take my CC number?

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 12:26 PM
stacy

Yes, that is how it's done - when you get there, you go to a separate entrance for people with reservations, they look you up on their list, and you pay when you get your tickets. You may still have to wait (on a much shorter line) if there is a crowd of people doing the same thing, or if the number of people already in the museum exceeds the maximum that they set (I'm not sure how they keep track, but they kept us in a holding area for about 15 minutes until they decided there was room for us), but it's much shorter than the wait without reservations.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Allex

Josh-<BR>Could you please give me the number that you called to make reservations for the Uffizi? I'm leaving for Florence in a couple of weeks and would like to reserve tickets ahead of time, since the lines can get quite long.<BR>Thanks!<BR>

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 12:46 PM
stacy

Hi, Allex -<BR><BR>I'm not Josh, but I had the number on my desk from having given it to someone else recently: 39-(0)55-294883 ("39" is the country code, and I think that you leave off the "0" in parentheses unless you're calling from within Italy)<BR><BR>Their web site says that you can call from 8:30 to 6:30, Monday through Friday, and 8:30 to 12:30 on Saturday.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 01:58 PM
bec

if you don't want to call, your hotel can do it for you a day in advance. They will make the reservation for you. That's what I did. We got confirmation number and then walked through the shorter line. Saved alot of time.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Allex

Thanks for the info. Stacy and Bec. I will definitely reserve since last time I was there I didn't reserve and the line was about 2 hours long!