Search

Ubeda amd Baeza

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ubeda amd Baeza

Buenos Dias Has anyone visited Ubeda and Baeza in Andalucia? I'd love to have recommendations of places to stay, restaurants etc<BR>Thank you
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 10:39 AM

Bellini,<BR><BR>I wrote a trip report which indluded Baeza &amp; Ubeda a few months back - here's the link:<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&amp;tid=32038139<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 10:54 AM

Hi Bellini! We visited Ubeda and Baeza almost 3 years ago. We drove from Granada, visited Ubeda, visited Baeza and spent the night at the very lovely Parador de Jaen. I really recommend paradores for eating and sleeping (I believe Ubeda has a Parador in its main square). Both Ubeda and Baeza are cute (Baeza being super cute). Both are very small, so you can easily see both of them in one day, without rushing.
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 03:25 PM

Andre--<BR><BR>Great trip report! Thanks much. I particularly appreciated the tip about Osuna. Did you go through any tiny little towns on your trip that were full of color and ambience? We have found that we frequently much prefer interesting smaller towns just to get a feel for the world of real people versus the places geared to tourists. Unfortunately what happens is that every guide book tends to recommend the same things and then they fill up with tourists while other gems are left unexplored.
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 03:35 PM
Maira

I strongly recommend the following two books for people heading to Spain with preference for smaller towns:<BR><BR>Driving over Lemons by Chris Stewart and Travelers' Tales Spain: True Stories (Travelers' Tales Guides). Amazing reads.