U2's Hotel in Dublin?

Search

U2's Hotel in Dublin?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
U2's Hotel in Dublin?

A friend was telling me that U2 own a hotel in Dublin that is really neat, but he can't remember the name - anyone know?<BR>Thanks
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Clarence Hotel
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:25 AM

Last time I was in Dublin, they had a night club, as well, but I can't remember the name. Don't know if that's your scene, but as a U2 fan, you might want to check it out.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
The Kitchen is the nightclub and is in the hotel.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:33 AM

We stayed at The Clarence a few years ago, and loved the location ( Temple Bar) but didn't like the hotel. The rooms were very stuffy, (no AC at the time) and didn't have double-glazing on the windows, so it was extremly noisy well into the morning hours. Maybe somebody here on the forum has stayed there recently and can update you on whether these problems remain?<BR><BR>Have fun!
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 04:11 AM

Wow, I'm astonished to hear someone didn't like the Clarence.<BR><BR>The Clarence is a Diblin institution, a fine old hotel that was going to rack and ruin a few years ago, when a consortium, including U2, bought and renovated it. It is once again a beautiful hotel, modern touches without being starkly modernist, it still has a lot of Arts and Crafts details in the wood panelling and the beautiful restaurant.<BR><BR>I have to say it's may favourite hotel in the whole world, and I've stayed in loads. The staff were wonderfully attentive without being overbearingm the room was modern but luxurious with lovely little touches (great toiletries, fluffy bath towels, candles, and even cool eyepatches in the fridge for that morning after the night before). The breakfast was the best - you have it in the restaurant, called the Tea Rooms, which is a famous restaurant in its own right, and includes freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices, pastries, a great fried breakfast, all served at your table.<BR><BR>Although it's part-owned by U2, it isn't very rockstar, although some of the people staying their do look very fashionable.<BR><BR>It's a very &quot;hip&quot; hotel.<BR><BR>Didn't know it didn't have air conditioning, but then I was there in January. Air Con isn't normally an issue in Ireland!