Two weeks in Spain this June?

May 5th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Two weeks in Spain this June?

After much discussion, my daughter and I have finally settled on a belated "Sweet Sixteen" trip to Spain this June. Our plan is Barcelona > Bilbao > Madrid to > ? Island > Barcelona for return home. Is this reasonable for 2 weeks? Any suggestions on hotels -- high end is OK if beautiful and traditional? Also, which island would be best for relaxing, shopping and some nightlife suitable for a 16 year old?

Thanks so much in advance from a teen's mom.
May 5th, 2009, 07:49 AM

I'd choose San Sebastian instead of Bilbao:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...ia_Basque.html
May 5th, 2009, 12:31 PM

If you like the beach, Mallorca has some beautiful ones to visit. A short, quick flight from Barcelona, and you could be lounging along a beautiful Mediterranean beach. Travel to the northeast of the island, such as Port de Soller or Port de Pollenca for some quiet, or for more activity stay in Palma and enjoy the fine dining and the island atmoshere.
May 5th, 2009, 11:16 PM

There lots of beaches along the coast near BCN, inact there are some in BCN too. Do not forget that every time you change accommodation you loose a day sight seeing. So maybe you should keep it simple. BCN has a lot to offer nightlife beach and culture.
May 6th, 2009, 01:33 AM

We've stayed at the Conde Duque in Bilbao. It's on the Nervion River at the footbridge; and it's walking distance to the Guggenheim (Frank Gehry's Titanium house) or the Casco Viejo. I especially like to browse thru Bilbao's 3-story Mercado Central

I am not an Island person; I prefer the Mainland! From Bilbao, I would continue west to Santander (Cantabria) & stay in Sardinero Playa. From Santander, you can do daytrips to Comillas, to Potes & the Picos de Europa and to several other nearby attractions. Peak Summer season actually begins July 16. June is early for Spain's north coast; you shouldn't have much trouble making reservations.

Search this Thread