Two weeks in Spain

Oct 19th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Two weeks in Spain

We will be staying in Marbella for one week. We'd like to have a couple of recommendations for day trips from there (Morocco?) We would also like to spend another 4-6 days exploring Spain. Would we fly into Malaga and tour that area first or visit another area such as Madrid? Any help in planning this trip would be appreciated. Based on my last few trips, Fodor's contributors always have the best advice!
Oct 19th, 2009, 08:20 AM

General consensus on a day trip to Morocco is a big no. You will be ideally situated to explore Andalucia. There are 1000s of posts her on the region, but try searching Ronda, Sevilla, and Granada to get started.
Oct 19th, 2009, 08:22 AM

Also, you can do a loop, starting and ending in Malaga if the bets flights are there, but you can try searching for open jaw tickets for even as far as Madrid (also Jerez airport and Seville are good).
Oct 20th, 2009, 01:03 AM

with 4 or so days stay in Malaga and use it as a circular tour base.
What transport are you planning on using?
Oct 20th, 2009, 01:25 AM

1: When are you going?
2: Why are you spending a week in Marbella?
3: Why wouldn't someone want to day trip to Tangiers -it's a fantastic city
4: If you have a base in Marb ella you could overnight in Tangiers - even better
5: When I know the answer to #1 in particular I can offer some thoughts on what else to do
Oct 20th, 2009, 08:31 AM

Why are you staying in Marbella? If you have to I would use that as a base for daytrips to Malaga and Ronda area. Then I would head to Granada for two nights and Seville for 3 or 4 w/ a daytrip to Cordoba. Another vote to skip Morocco.
Oct 21st, 2009, 01:33 AM

Hi there,

Ok so you want advice for travelling around Spain from Malaga for 4-6 days.

Well then I would only definitely recommend seeing 2 cities in this time. I am not sure how you would like to get around (e.g. plane, train etc) and what time of the year your going so it is difficult to give you solid advice. But if it is warm, then I would recommend Valencia and Barcelona. If it is in the colder months, then I would recommend around the south as it is much closer and the weather is much more pleasant than further north.
If this is the case, then i would say 2-3 days in both of Seville and Granada.

Also, if you really want to see some of Morocco then I think it would be easier going from Marbella. Either way i wouldn't recommend a day trip to Morocco as I personally think you need much more time than a few hours.

Anyway, enjoy.

OHcharlotte

(Oh-holidays)