Two Nights in Tuscany Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance and I are honeymooning in italy. We fly into Venice (2 nights) and then head to Cinque Terre (3 nights) and then to Florence (2 nights) and then plan to rent a car and spend two nights in Tuscany (TBD) and then our last three nights in Rome where we fly out of. So, if we plan to leave Florence on a Tuesday morning and wish to get to Rome by Thursday...what do we do with our only two days in Tuscany?
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 01:50 PM

You could stay in the Montepulciano/Montalcino/ Pienza area. However, 5 places in 12 nights is really too much moving around, especially for a honeymoon. You'll have no time to relax after the wedding. You'll loose at least 1/2 day each time you move. Consider taking the 2 Tuscany nights and add one to Rome and one to Florence, where you can do a daytrip to Siena.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 02:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi, ready

well congratualtions on your nuptials, if not on your trip planning.

assuming that your flights are booked and unmoveable, you have time to fit in AND ENJOY one more place, though ideally, after 5 nights in Venice I'd get the train straight from Venice to Rome then use rome as a centre for the odd day trip.

but if you determined to do otherwise, I'd get a train from Venice to Orvieto, rent car to tour Umbria, return car to orvieto, train to rome.

4 nights, 4 nights, 4 nights.

or if you have to ,do Venice florence, Rome. but by the time you are looking round the Vatican museums, you won't remember anything you saw in Venice. it'll all be one great blur.

the key to success of trip planning is, IMO, contrast. give yourselves some down-time - italy will stil be there waiting for you another yoear. make sure you'll want to go back!

regards, ann
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 08:17 AM
ira

HI R,

>well congratualtions on your nuptials, if not on your trip planning. <

I agree, your itinerary is an expedition.

You have one night too many in CT, one too few in Venice, and one too few in Rome.

A two-day car rental is as expensive as a 3-day rental.

May I suggest skipping the CT and visiting Venice, Tuscany and, Rome or Florence?

Old Jan 25th, 2008, 04:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
With 7 nights, I only count 6 full days on the ground. Depending on whether Venice or Rome means more to you, I'd split the nights 4/3 or 3/4 and forgot all other destinations. You'll lose the better part of a day in transit from Venice to Rome.