Two Days in Granada or Ronda-

Old Aug 29th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Days in Granada or Ronda-

Hello again

I pretty much decided my intinerary except I can't decide which of the two cities gets two days and which only one. Initally I thought one night in ronda and on the way to Seville stop and visit some white towns. However I feel uncomfortable leaving luggage in the car trunk while exploring. Two nights in ronda will give me time to explore the town itself and the following day driving around the white towns.

my itinerary is (thanks to all who helped me on this from my other post0

Barcelona three nights
fly to Granada 1 or 2 nights
drive to Ronda 1 or 2 nights
drive to Seville 3 nights
fly to Barcelona and home next day

Who gets two nights?

thanks again
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 12:31 PM

There is definitely more to see in Granada than in Ronda. The Alhambra should take you almost all of one day (otherwise you've missed something, or you're really not that interested). Then there's the Cathedral and the rest of the city. With Ronda, there's the bull-ring and the Tajo. Also the Puente Romano (not Roman) and the Puente Viejo and Puente Nuevo. It is good to get some night-time photos, but not essential. A few clicks on Google should tell you all you need to know.
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 01:12 PM

In my opinion Ronda is not a must see place if you don't have a lot of time. Granada is and deserves at least 2 nights.
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

thanks for your replies...

We are not looking to spend a lot of time in Ronda itself but as a base to explore the surrounding towns. Should I spend one night in Ronda and then explore the white town on my way to Seville? What about luggage in car trunk - Safe?
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 02:08 PM

Cannot speak for Ronda, but if you
arrive in Granada early in the day, have the afternoon to see some of the city and the Cathedral , visit Alhambra first thing in the morning the following day, spend a few more hours in Granada after Alhambra, leave for Ronda late in the afternoon.. could be done.
Don't forget to book tickets for Alhambra ahead of time!
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 02:12 PM

Depending on the day, Vueling has flights from BCN as early as 6:45 or 8:40. for 35 - 40 euros.
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 02:17 PM

also from Seville to Barcelona , several later in the day for 25-39 euros.
http://www.vueling.com/index.php?language=EN&mode=
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

We plan on flying from Barcelona to Granada 10/26 and the earliest flight is 9;55. If all goes well, check in at hotel 12:30, lunch and time to explore the city. Early the next morning to Alhambra and leave Granada mid afternoon. I would love to spend two nights here as well but have to make a choice

does this plan sound doable
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

actually sounds like your plan Danon
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 04:41 PM

Your luggage should be fine in the trunk. I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep any items that would identify you as a tourist out of sight.
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One night in Granada will work, especially if you do the evening visit to the Alhambra. I highly recommend doing that anyway - the Palacios Nazaries is magical as the light dies, and there are few, quiet, people sharing the experience with you. You still need to visit in the morning or afternoon for the Generalife.
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM

hope it works out for you.
We visited Alhambra at nigh and during the day. ( we stayed a bit longer in Granada)
The Palacios Nazaries in the moonlight
was the best part of Alhambra visits IMO.
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM

Hola,

I think you would regret to have planned only one night in Granada...

One night in Ronda will be enough and you'll still be able to see some villages on the way to Sevilla (Zahara de la Sierra, Algonodales, Olvera, Bornos). Make sure you park your car in a busy street, or just in front the police station ??... thieves are very uncommon in small villages.

Hasta luego,
Christine in Granada
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 02:41 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
As someone recommended to me for my upcoming trip... if you park in a garage or someplace that has a wall, back into the parking spot so your trunk will be against the wall and difficult to open.
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Joannyc good idea.

After reading your suggestions I was about to drop a day from Ronda because I didn't think I could do Granada in one day but in the end I decided to change my itinerary around. So now I have two nights in Ronda AND Granada by taking a connecting flight to Seville when I arrive in Barcelona.

Seville three nights
Ronda two nights
Granada two nights
Barcelona three nights.

Someone suggested that in another one of my posts and I decided to do it in order to spend more time visiting towns in Andalucia. Hopefully my connecting flight will be uneventful. (my connecting flights are always a disaster).

thanks again... now on to renting a car...who knew automatic vs manual would be so much more expensive?
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 12:58 PM

Get a small car to give you more space in those tight villages. I did not get any sense of danger in parking in the white villages last year--but we didn't have anything clearly visible. Ronda was okay but only as a base, Granada definitely needs 2 nights but don't attempt to drive in the city or old town.
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 05:02 PM

i actually think granada one night and ronda two nights. you can definitely see all of granada in a day and the grazalema and some of the other white towns near ronda are really cool and special as a day trip. i just came back and felt two nights in granada really wasn't necessary.
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

Reneeileen-

what were your favorite white towns? Did you spend much time in that area?
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 08:09 AM

Everybody is different I guess. The white villages are nice to look at and take a walk in but after that there's not much to do. I get bored there quickly and I find Granada fascinating.
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 08:15 AM

Granada is definitely worth two nights or more. The Alhambra alone is a day and the Albicin, the cathedral and a walking tour would be the other day. There is another museum on the Alhambra hill devoted to a Spanish composer whose name I cannot remember now, but it is very interesting and might be done before or after an Alhambra tour. Ronda is cute but not as interesting as Granada.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -