TV in Paris of U.S. Basketball Games?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, this post is only to humor my husband, so please don't let it reflect poorly on me. We will be in an apartment in Paris from May 7-14th and he will miss two or three of the Suns/Spurs playoff games. He believes that those games may be broadcast in France, since there is a French player on each team. Can anyone let us know if the games appear on French TV and if so, what channel(s)? Are there sports bars where he can go? We will be staying in the 6th, near the Pont des Arts.
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:29 AM

There is a sports bar called the Great Canadian Pub at 25 quai des Grands Augustins, which is left bank, by Seine, just west of St Michel RER stop.
They were showing NHL hockey when I was there in November, and I believe the owner said something about showing superbowl,etc. They have been known to stay open 24hrs. Say hello to owner Mark.

http://www.tgcparis.com/
Old May 5th, 2007, 09:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
There are about 6 cable channels for sports. If your apartment has cable, you might get to see the games. I wouldn't count on seeing them live, even in a sports bar, because of the time difference. Even though Tony Parker is a big star in France, people do not schedule their lives around him.
Old May 5th, 2007, 01:38 PM

marthag there are also a couple of sports bars on rue Princesse and rue des Cannettes, which are streets next to one another in the 6th. Sorry i do not recall the names and I think one of them is actually called a "rugby bar". I am embarrassed to admit that I did drop in to one over the christmas/new years holidays to catch a few minutes of the NFL playoffs. Anyways they may show NBA as well? There is lots of great shopping in the area too, so you can occupy yourself while your husband watches the Suns beat the Spurs
Old May 5th, 2007, 01:48 PM

I had a look at the website for the Great Canadian Pub and they do show NBA games. Just don't count on seeing one if there happens to be a hockey game at the same time, not even with Steve Nash playing!
Old May 5th, 2007, 01:59 PM

Google <b>internet tv</b> and see what you can come up with. You'll need a broadband internet connection and a browser.
Old May 6th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the very helpful information. It looks like I'll have a happy husband. We leave for Paris in about 12 hours.....the long awaited day is finally here.