Search

Tuscany Villa or Apartments - budget

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2009, 08:12 PM
wug
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuscany Villa or Apartments - budget

We're looking for an economical villa or apartment for four people the end of May/first of June. I was wondering if anyone had a special place they've stayed that was a great deal but still nice. We don't need luxury but want a nice view, classic Tuscan look, etc. We've been looking in the Chianti area but aren't stuck with that. We will have a car. Thanks so much.
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 08:38 PM

We stayed in this house in Lucignano last summer.

http://www.ilcassero-tuscany.com/casa.lina.html

Luigi and his wife, Antonella are wonderful people.

The bonus is that you will have the use of their beautiful pool area just a few kilometers away.

Have a great time! Laurie
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 08:44 PM

wug,
I have stayed at La Crociona http://www.lacrociona.com/
in a two bedroom apartment at just over 100 euro a night. It is right outside Montalcino. I love the place and think it is a good deal.

Henry
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 07:18 AM

I prefer the Val D'Orcia area in southern Tuscany over the Chianti area. My favorite place to stay (4 times, so far) is just outside of Pienza- the agriturismo Fonte Bertusi.

fontebertusi.it

The location could not be more beautiful and is very central for exploring the many wonderful towns in the area. The hosts are warm and friendly. There is a pool- plus for May/June.

If you do a search of "Val D'Orcia" on this forum you will find lots of comments and reommendations for places to stay and explore.
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 09:56 AM

This is short notice for a villa. They're usually rented for a week, Saturday to Saturday. Apartments are a little more flexible. Have you looked at www.slowtrav.com? For reviews of self-catering acommodation plus lots of general info.

You might consider western Umbria also. Generally Umbria is cheaper than Tuscany.
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 11:27 AM
wug
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses so far.

Mimar, I wasn't aware that Umbria is less expensive than Tuscany, although that does make complete sense. I'll start looking there too. Thanks for the tip!
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 11:38 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The classic Tuscan view (what you see on postcards) is southern Tuscany - Val D'Orcia area.
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 11:16 PM

We stayed in this house in Montespertoli last May.
www.accommodation-tuscany.it
The moment we arrived at La Valle it was everything I imagined Tuscany to be. We stayed for a week and loved every minute of it. Our hostess Brunella made us feel very much at home. Throught out the week we ate at many places but I must say the rustic food served to us by Brunella was the best. In fast I got the recipe to one of her pasta dishes and my family loves it! We chose this place because of the close proximity to a lot of the places we wanted to see: Florence, Siena, Volterra, Cinque Terra and many quaint little towns such Montespertoli. We were there the last week of May when Montespertoli was having their wine festival week. What an unexpected treat! The town was close for us to visit it frequently to get groceries, go to the market or just enjoy a nice cup of cappucino and a sfogliatella (must try!) at the local bakery. All in all staying at La Valle made our first trip to Italy VERY memorable
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 05:23 PM

You'll get a good deal almost anywhere this year! Look through the accommodations listed on http://www.greve-in-chianti.com - Greve is located halfway between Florence and Siena which makes it extremely convenient as a Tuscany vacation base, and they seem to have options for every budget level.
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 09:43 PM

Bookmarking