Tuscany/Umbria -Help!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:48 AM
Trish

Tuscany/Umbria -Help!

We are staying two nights in Pienza, three nights in San Gimignano and four nights in Bevagna, Umbria. We have three free nights between San G and Bevagna. Any suggestions as to where(area/town/inn) to spend one or two nights. We love the wine country, small towns and beautiful views. Have thought a going to Portovenere, Lucca, Cartona, Mantalcino or Ovieto. Prefer to stay in small hotels, inns or B&B's. Thank you!!!!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:54 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Trish, Go to Portovenere for a contrast. You will get your fill of quaint hill towns at the others. Stay at Albergo Paradiso and boat to the CT from there---magical.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Trish

Bob, Thank you for your reply. Do you have the webpage or e-mail address for the Albergo Paradiso?

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 07:50 AM
paula

do a quick search on google for albergo paradiso. Looks lovely!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Rex

Are you kidding, paula? there appear to be a lot of hotels with this name - - and google does NOT appear to bring up theone that BOB means.

I assume that it's this place. Looks lovely:

http://www.itsyn.it/paradiso/

Hotel Paradiso
Via Garibaldi 34/40
19025 Porto Venere (SP)
Tel. +39 187 790612
Fax +39 187 792582
E-mail: [email protected]

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 08:44 PM
topper

Here's the trendy new little way to top. Ask a borderline unimportant little question. that tops the thread, and when someone answers it it gets topped again!

Is the Albergo Paradiso listed above - - the right one, BOB?

This way BOB gets double the added exposure.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 12:58 AM
ttt

well, is it?

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 05:33 AM
Hey BOB

Clarification needed.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 08:30 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Gee, where have I been? Yes, that is the one, but there are several good choices at www.portovenere.it . The Belvedere is a decent 3 star next door to the Paradiso, and the GHP is the best in town, but you will pay $180. I have stayed at all 3 and find the Paradiso to be the best value, but try not to take their half-board option.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 10:19 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Gee, where have I been? Yes, that is the one, but there are several good choices at www.portovenere.it . The Belvedere is a decent 3 star next door to the Paradiso, and the GHP is the best in town, but you will pay $180. I have stayed at all 3 and find the Paradiso to be the best value, but try not to take their half-board option.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 12:52 PM
Old man

It does look good, bob. Glad to see it comes with your recommendation.

Does Portoevenere have an off-season? Thinking about a late fall trip.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 02:27 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Off season is defined by the seas. If the seas are high, as they can be in Nov., then the boats do not run. I have been there twice in Oct. and it was great. The Royal Sporting is the other 4 star in town, but it is a :10 walk into town.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 07:08 PM
Old man

And what about Feb or March? Is there a lower cost season, but still a shot at pleasant? when does higher season begin? Or is it season / no season?