Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines?

Search

Turkish Airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 1998, 10:55 AM
Karen

Turkish Airlines?

We are planning a trip to Turkey next May and are considering using Turkish Air for a part of our air segments. <BR>Does anyone have any experience with this airline?All comments pro or con will be greatly appreciated. <BR>Thanks, <BR>Karen

Old Jun 14th, 1998, 12:12 PM
NURDOGAN SENGULER

<BR>Do not worry about It.It is great. <BR>If you need any info about Istanbul and Turkey,feel free to e-mail me. <BR>Best wishes from Istanbul <BR>NURDOGAN

Old Jun 15th, 1998, 09:43 AM
Angela

I (non-Turkish person) have flown Turkish Airlines a couple of times. Service and planes are great. They can also accommodate special dietary needs.

Old Jun 16th, 1998, 05:59 AM
Tom

I flew Turkish Airlines from Istanbul to Antalya and Izmir to Istanbul a few years back. The airline was great and reasonably priced. In fact, we bumped up to first class for a marginal increase in price and the champagne was wonderful!

Old Jun 16th, 1998, 11:44 AM
Paul Rabe

Flew Turkish Airlines from Athens to Istanbul and got accidentally put in First Class (travel agent error; they ate the cost). The flight was wonderful and I have no complaints. Just note that security at Attaturk Airport is VERY heavy; we had to go through SEVEN check points as we left the country!

Old Jun 17th, 1998, 04:20 PM
Arizona

Today we returned home after almost a month in Turkey. We flew there from New York on Turkish Airlines. A brand-new plane with perfect service in every way. We flew within Turkey on Turkish Airlines; Istanbul to Van, and later from Adana to Istanbul. Same story. Then from Istanbul back to New York. Not a single problem. Splendid service, fine food, a spotless Airbus 300; departed on time and arrived ahead of schedule. Their hook-up with Delta worked smoothly. Would we use them again? Absolutely.

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 11:23 AM
Crystal Zimmerman

Arizona: My husband and I are planning a trip to Turkey in September. One question I would like your opinion on .. as first timers to Turkey and speaking only English, would we have any problems with doing our own tour. Hotels, food, city sightseeing tours, etc. We are especially interested in the Christian History of these cities. Thank You, Crystal

Old Jun 22nd, 1998, 06:53 AM
Angela

You really shouldn't have any problems in Turkey. Almost everyone speaks some English in the major cities. As well, Turks are very hospitable friendly people - very willing to help. You will find many will want to practice their English with you. Try to get phrase book in order to say a couple of word (i.e. Hello - Marhaba, Thank you - Saul, etc.) - people will be impressed with that. Do bring a map, and read about the things you want to see ahead of time - it will be easier to explain yourself and understand them. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have. I've been 4 times already (with my Turkish boyfriend) and we are planning our fifth trip back. Happy to help!

Old Oct 30th, 1998, 02:36 PM
B. Wolfe

Just returned from Turkey two weeks ago. Turkish Airlines is fine if you smoke. If you don't you may be in trouble. We arrived late at JFK only to find out that all the non smoking seats were given away. We flew back the same way. In smoking. If you can reserve your seats in advance, please do so. It is a major problem for us when all the no smoking seats are already given away. <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 31st, 1998, 06:02 PM
Denise

Karen - We flew Turkish Airlines (economy) last month from Dalaman to Istanbul - great flight. Had to laugh at the lunch box - you can use the lid as a postcard. We have no trouble booking in etc. <BR> <BR>BWolfe - Yes I agree with you. Turkey, that beautiful land, is full of smokers, tea drinkers, and lovely people. Denise

Old Oct 31st, 1998, 06:03 PM
Denise

Karen - We flew Turkish Airlines (economy) last month from Dalaman to Istanbul - great flight. Had to laugh at the lunch box - you can use the lid as a postcard. We have no trouble booking in etc. <BR> <BR>BWolfe - Yes I agree with you. Turkey, that beautiful land, is full of smokers, tea drinkers, and lovely people. Denise

Old Nov 8th, 1998, 04:55 PM
Joann

I flew Turkish Airlines 3 times last week! All domestic flights with no smoking. Can't say enough positive about the line - absolutely punctual to the minute, clean, nice staff, etc. Absolutely first rate. The smoking situation in the airports is horrendous, however. My eyes are still red from the waiting area in the Istanbul Airport last Thursday! There were many "no smoking" signs but no one paid any attention - it was truly sickening.