Search

Turkey travel in July

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turkey travel in July

Hi!
I am planning a trip to Turkey with a few friends in mid July. Wanted to know whether this is a decent time to travel. A lot of websites that I went through indicated that it might be hot and prices high. Have any of you traveled during this time and what was your experience.
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:57 AM

I am going to Turkey in July, too. The hotels and travel agent I've contacted in Turkey have told me to expect very hot temperatures. As for pricing, I have found Turkey generally much cheaper for hotels etc. than Italy or France, for example.
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:39 PM

I have been to Turkey in July to attend a friend's wedding.We have also been there in the spring and fall.Istanbul was very hot in July as were Bodrum and Antalya.We did have a cool respite when we travelled the Black Sea area seeing Sumela Monastery and other mountain sights.
Old May 9th, 2007, 04:20 PM

We only went to Istanbul - temperatures were fine in late June. Found hotel prices reasonable, good deals on the web; we used tripadvisor. I found it a very relaxed place, and coming from London where public transport is expensive and unreliable, we were pleasantly surprised. It was hard to stray away from heavily touristed places though, because it is such a compact city. Carpet sellers were more persistent than in Morocco, but is's a city full of character. Can't say anything at all about the rest of Turkey though - but Cappadocia would be definitely on the wish list.
Old May 9th, 2007, 05:53 PM

Yes, prepare for it to be hot. Take light clothes and sun block, drink lots of fluids and stay in a place with air conditioning, and you'll be OK.
As to cost, while not the bargain it was several years ago, I did find it cheaper than western Europe. Sure, there are places you can drop a pile of dough, but there are also plenty of places (hotels, restaurants, shops) with moderate or better prices.
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:53 AM

Hi Vins - It can be seriously hot. I was near Kalkan in early July and temps were 40C+

Steve
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mad dogs and

Can be very hot in the centre and the coast. Buy a hat and wear linen